Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Letter Arrived

Rate this topic

Kray

Filed first time ever in Oct 2010 from Agent Orange (Vietnam 1970-71) with CAD since 2001, Multiple Stents, Brachytherapy and Pancreatic Cancer (2005) and other non-AO ailments. My current age is 74. No outside representation on my part. By Feb 2012 received no input from VA so I called them. I was awarded 10% in April 2012 (not final) and provided them some more current medical records. Met with VA Doctor in April 2012 with exam and Heart scan. They do not want to talk about Pancreatic Cancer and other ailments, only CAD. Received another letter from VA on Friday giving me 30% back to Aug 2010. When initially filing, I waved my retirement so am receiving two checks, one from military, one from VA. I also filed for an increase for my wife since the award was based on being single so that amount has not been included. I have been unable to obtain any military records but have now found another address so filed for them today. They have not addressed any other ailments but guess I can't prove service connected.

Please correct me but if I get to 50% can I request to have my waved retirement re-instated? What do I get at 30% other than the tax saving? What else can I do other than file amended tax returns? What have I forgotten to do?

Thanks

Ken

Ken

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't answer your question about waived retirement but congrats on winning. From your description I wonder if the 50% may be low

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

After reading this I do need to check it out. Not sure I would qualify since I was assigned to a Radar site and did not actually transport AO if I understand the statement properly. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Ken

I can't answer your question about waived retirement but congrats on winning. From your description I wonder if the 50% may be low

My award is 30% and Pancreatic Cancer has not been considered; only CAD.

Ken

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use