VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Going Too Fast A Bad Thing?

Rate this question

damilwestlawnvet

Question

Hello everyone, I have a question about my claim. It's been open since Dec 2011, but it was closed because i didnt give them more info. I submitted info to the VA in May/June then I had a C&P exam on Jul 9. Then soon after my exam the claim went to Prepartion of a Decision and now today its Pending Decision Approval. I'm thinking to too fast and they are going to deny me. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks

Claim: PTSD

Service: 2002-2009

Edited by damilwestlawnvet

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You generally don't "waste" an examination slot if there is no chance of service connection. The reasons why an RVSR would request a C&PE are to determine a current level of disability, or perhaps to get a medical pinion, or to confirm a diagnosis.

We complain when claims take too long ... are we now complaining when a single issue claim isn't taking long enough? wink.png

Hello everyone, I have a question about my claim. It's been open since Dec 2011, but it was closed because i didnt give them more info. I submitted info to the VA in May/June then I had a C&P exam on Jul 9. Then soon after my exam the claim went to Prepartion of a Decision and now today its Pending Decision Approval. I'm thinking to too fast and they are going to deny me. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks

Claim: PTSD

Service: 2002-2009

You generally don't "waste" an examination slot if there is no chance of service connection. The reasons why an RVSR would request a C&PE are to determine a current level of disability, or perhaps to get a medical pinion, or to confirm a diagnosis.

We complain when claims take too long ... are we now complaining when a single issue claim isn't taking long enough? wink.png

i'm not complaining just a little concerned ya know "if its too good to be true", as for the info thanks a lot

• HadIt.com Elder

There really is no way to tell if going fast or slow is a good or bad sign. It is like reading tea leaves. I know we all want some clue as to how things are going but best to wait for the letter.

Your kicker at the end sure isn't necessary, especially to a first time poster.

I would have sent this to you in a PM but in the past, you have chosen to ignore those.

I'm thinking to too fast and they are going to deny me. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks

No way to even guess on this with any accuracy - 50 / 50 either way.

Try to keep your stress down and just wait for either some money or

your official notification.