Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston Vamc

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Well, it's been a little over two years, and one month, and the good old clock is still ticking. However, I noticed a little activity on my eBenefits account this evening late. They wanted a few more details on my conditions, listed under "What Do We Still Need From You?" I took care of those via VONAPP, and will probably get a brown envelope in the mail late this week, containing another VCAA notice with the same questions, and another VCAA form for me to complete/sign. (I'll fill all that out, and send 'em what they want all over again in the U.S. Mail too just in case.)

However, I noticed something new to me that I have never seen before. There is now a new block called, "What Do We Still Need From Others?"

Underneath this block are the words, "Houston VAMC" and under date requested 07/24/2012 (of course), and date due 09/22/2012.

Does anybody know what this means? Although I have been waiting in line since June 19, 2010, I still consider myself a rookie at this because it is still my initial filing. Thank goodness I found this site to keep my mind at ease, and to help me with getting the right documentation/medical records/testimony, etc. to the VA. (Well, at least I hope it was the right documentation.)

Anybody know what the whole Houston VAMC means, and what it actually does?

Any advice/ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This has tlo be QTC, and I have never had to call them to set up an appointment. They have normally sent me a package with an appointment date, along with a questioaire. I just do not understand why they are doing yours this way.

Papa

Me neither. I had already been studying up on QTC in case I was sent to one of their sites, and now this one comes out of nowhere. Has anybody ever heard of, or had dealings with, an entity called Veterans Evaluation Services?.......or better still, gone to an appointment that they coordinated? I need to start studying up on these folks now I guess.

Btw....just looked up their website. This is their "About" page: http://www.vesservic.../ves/?page_id=2

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

Markin, Do you have a VSO? I honestly believe these people are a for profit organization. You need to be very careful as I do not think they have any connection to the VA. You may want to do another post and ask others about this place.

Papa

Papa, yep, I'm using the American Legion out of the Houston VARO. To be honest, I was probably a year into this before taking a trip to the VARO to get set up for the premium account of eBenefits, and while I was there, it was recommended to me that I "pick" a VSO. I ended up hooking up with an American Legion rep there. (I'm already a member of the AL, and thought I'd get help from them)

My county VSO is a part timer, retired twice from his primary jobs, and to be honest, he's suffering from the onset of alzheimers (spelling?) Very nice guy, but no help. I did all of my initial claims and coordination by myself, and to be honest even with the American Legion, I feel like I'm by myself still. I only really call them when I want to do a status check without having to wait on the VA's 800 number for 30 minutes to talk to Peggy.

You're right that it looks like they are a for-profit agency. It looks like the VA does have a contract with them though. I'll start a new post in the C&P section tomorrow morning and see if anybody knows anything.

It would be certainly weird if they were able to retrieve my personal information somehow, including my cell and know that the VA is scheduling a C&P for me. It is probably ok, but definitely a weird thing for a guy to call on a Saturday to tell me to call a different number on Monday. Talk about tail chasing.......

Thanks for all your help and patience. As I mentioned before, I'm still on my first initial claim, and still qualify as a rookie. I've made mistakes on my initial filing by adding conditions later after making an initial claim, and not organizing enough to begin with. It's been 2 years and a month, and the way I figure it, I'm still a long way out.

Y'all have a good night.

Mark