• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'd start by asking my doc to do it and enter the measurements into

my progress / treatment notes.

If at a C&P exam I'd do the same.

JMHO

I did that this am and got scheduled for a measurement. What made a real difference was being nice.

Thanks, Slowlane

This a very interesting subject. They did my test, however I believe mine was only done twice, not 3 times.

Anyhow, it is has been in the appeal status at the regional office for 3 years now.

SSGTMajik you and I were thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for opening this. It avoided me having to ask the same question. Now I have an additional question. If one is not used (claiming bilateral left and right shoulder,bilateral both knees,) how could this affect your rating? I have been to 2 C&P exams and not one time did they use this.

Just FYI -

The C&P examiner is not a real good nail

to hang your hat on at an appeal level.

( In regards to them not using a Goniometer and, do keep in mind

that other statements may or may not be used such as vet is able / unable to button shirt,

vet is able / unable to bend to put on shoes/needs assistance,

vet got on / could not get on and off examination table, with / without exhibiting

any difficulties, etc. . . )

It can get a remand but will not turn a decision in favor of the vet,

without there being some properly entered measurements somewhere

in the progress / treatment, notes / records.

JMHO

Editing to clarify what's in blue above.

SSGTMajik you and I were thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for opening this. It avoided me having to ask the same question. Now I have an additional question. If one is not used (claiming bilateral left and right shoulder,bilateral both knees,) how could this affect your rating? I have been to 2 C&P exams and not one time did they use this.

Sorry, I 've been away from my computer for a few days.

"How could this affect your rating"- It depends what your ROM was & if you felt it was correct or not. Unfortunately if it's incorrect it will most likely affect your rating. If you know the examiner is wrong and did not use a goniometer and did not repeat the movement at least 3 times, then I would send a letter notifying the VA of the errors in the exam and ask that a new exam be performed and the other two as inadequate. If you have already received your decision I would file a NOD. Here is a link to my topic on my Sample NOD........

Notice the regulations used against the VA and my supporting evidence to why I disagree. You want to make sure you have some medical evidence to show that the C&P ROM exam could contain errors.

Everyone here is very helpful. If you would like to see my final draft, I would be more than happy to message it you. If I can help in any way, please feel free to message me. This is JMHO, good luck to you.

SSGmajik

I like the format of this. I hope that I will not need to use it.

Berta- -

I was able to do a bit of research this weekend that really confirms what you posted. I was unable to open my shirt, easily remove myself from the table, etc... It appears that all positive shoulder injury exams used this piece of equipment. With the VA constantly moving me from prep for decision to review of evidence, I just need to wait and see where they rate me. I feel that I may be borrowing that format for mine.