VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Scheduled Outside Contractor C&p For Depression Eval

Rate this question

autumn

Question

VA has scheduled a C&P from an outside VA facility contracted by VA. This is for major depression.

the letter from this outside VA facility states i shouldn't bring any medical documents with me as they will only review records sent to them by VA.

the letter also states their goal to "evaluate" the claimed conditions that have been requested by the VA. their examiner is "following strict instructions from the VA"

this is regarding major depression rating associated with MS.

note: i've been service connected for major depression for 24+ years.

a.) the navy listed it as secondary to chronic pain 24 years ago.

b.) the VA changed it to other weird labels over the years just after mil discharge,

now its back to major depression, secondary to MS

i'm surprized they contracted outside for this exam. i.e., they didn't do so for the other upcoming neck/lumbar C&P exam.

are these outside contractors sham-exams? what are my rights regarding these things?

tia

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

autumn,the VAMC that I go for major depression most all the mental health doctors either quit,retire, or got fired or this

is what my primary doctor told me been waiting for an appointment now 4 months. Just a thought

What you have scheduled is a QTC exam. They will have a list of questions given to them by the VA that they should follow to do the exam. They will give no treatment. Based on the worksheet the will give an opinion on your condition. Copies of your medical recoreds should be sent to the Regional office for review as part of your claim.

autumn,the VAMC that I go for major depression most all the mental health doctors either quit,retire, or got fired or this

is what my primary doctor told me been waiting for an appointment now 4 months. Just a thought

its a good thought, and appreciate your reply.

it isn't difficult to see the "why's" they quit,retire, or got fired or this.

its a national company that has centers about the CONUS, from veterans to federal employees dealing with disablity compensation. news to me, just saw that today.

What you have scheduled is a QTC exam. They will have a list of questions given to them by the VA that they should follow to do the exam. They will give no treatment. Based on the worksheet the will give an opinion on your condition. Copies of your medical recoreds should be sent to the Regional office for review as part of your claim.

exactly, you got it. beats me, i've never heard of them before until yesterdsya whn i got the letter.

thats it, i just answer some questions? and my VA psych couldn't ask those questions? am i a fish in a tank of water and this doc gets to shoot at me? is it like that?

i have has a few C&P exam sin the last few years where the RO didn't send docs/records to the examiner, so i'm a little puzzled by what exactly this is .

Please be advised, this is an adversarial exam. He wii try to play tricks on yo such as ramble on to see how irritated you get, to see if he can make you cry easily

Go into this exam and remember what the worst day you ever had was. If he pushes you so hard to make you cry, he will push every button you got.Whenh I had mine I finally got up from the chair, took 1 step towards him and security was on me in a flash, I turned back around and walked out and sat on the floor in the hall. I did not move or make contact with anyone, I said not 1 word. I then got up went to the desk to check out, never speaking to anyone.

It was labled I refused the exam nothing wrong with this guy but a bad attitude.

Beware of the wolf smiling at you........He will bite you in the ass. that is his job

You do yours your way, not on his terms....RP Been there done that

At this time there was no set standard for ptsd exam or major depression, they just shot from the hip.

Now it is more controlled, but the wolf is still there maintain the worse day you can remember. and be living that on the day of the exam.

Edited by RonP

Please be advised, this is an adversarial exam. He wii try to play tricks on yo such as ramble on to see how irritated you get, to see if he can make you cry easily

Go into this exam and remember what the worst day you ever had was. If he pushes you so hard to make you cry, he will push every button you got.Whenh I had mine I finally got up from the chair, took 1 step towards him and security was on me in a flash, I turned back around and walked out and sat on the floor in the hall. I did not move or make contact with anyone, I said not 1 word. I then got up went to the desk to check out, never speaking to anyone.

It was labled I refused the exam nothing wrong with this guy but a bad attitude.

Beware of the wolf smiling at you........He will bite you in the ass. that is his job

You do yours your way, not on his terms....RP Been there done that

At this time there was no set standard for ptsd exam or major depression, they just shot from the hip.

Now it is more controlled, but the wolf is still there maintain the worse day you can remember. and be living that on the day of the exam.

when they wrote and mentioned not to bring any medical docs, they were only going to view what VA sent them, i knew i was in a sham exam. which is why i posted here.

it doesn't take much to hit the wrong button(s) with me regarding all this. the va lied for 24years about ms, and i think about that 20 times as much the closer i get to any VA or related VA facility.

i'm surprized no one else mentioned the wolf in sheeps clothes. its always been that way with the VA and me.