VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Coverage

Rate this question

cooter

Question

Finally made it back from a short vacation. went to visit my daughter out of state. She was promoted to Captain in the Army. Anyway, I been fighting with the VAMC Dental office for authorization of dental work for myself here in Phoenix Az. What a frickin nightmare this has been. They were denying me because my award letter for TDIU said "future exams" and they interpreted that as saying it is only a temporary award and not permanent. I asked them to show me where in the CFR it says that, and all the supervisor could say is, that they were told that from the VA Health Eligibility Center in Georgia. I then contacted that Center and talked to a gentleman that said that wasn't true and that I am eligible and wanted to know the name of the Supervisor in Phoenix that told me that. Hell, I even gave his phone number as well. About a week later, the same gentleman called me back and said that the Phoenix VAMC is going to get all of this figured out for me and future TDIUs that's not permanent. Last Friday I received a call from a dental office in Scottsdale saying the VA Fee Based me to them for dental work.

So there's your answer folks. You do not have to be P&T to be eligible for dental.

Coot

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Finally made it back from a short vacation. went to visit my daughter out of state. She was promoted to Captain in the Army. Anyway, I been fighting with the VAMC Dental office for authorization of dental work for myself here in Phoenix Az. What a frickin nightmare this has been. They were denying me because my award letter for TDIU said "future exams" and they interpreted that as saying it is only a temporary award and not permanent. I asked them to show me where in the CFR it says that, and all the supervisor could say is, that they were told that from the VA Health Eligibility Center in Georgia. I then contacted that Center and talked to a gentleman that said that wasn't true and that I am eligible and wanted to know the name of the Supervisor in Phoenix that told me that. Hell, I even gave his phone number as well. About a week later, the same gentleman called me back and said that the Phoenix VAMC is going to get all of this figured out for me and future TDIUs that's not permanent. Last Friday I received a call from a dental office in Scottsdale saying the VA Fee Based me to them for dental work.

So there's your answer folks. You do not have to be P&T to be eligible for dental.

Coot

nice!

I enjoy reading about benefits that were denied, now being enforced

due to the regs provided.

Wonder how many others were turned away from the same mis-information : -(

Tell you what carlie...that supervisor that runs the dental office was determined to prove me wrong during this whole venture. Not only did I narrate 38 USC 1.712 para h class IV>Eligibility for Dental, I also threw in 38 CFR 3.327>Reexaminations; Which states no future examinations for 55yrs or older except under unusual circumstances: He never heard of that one. I gotta say one thing tho, the VA Health Eligibility Center in Georgia was very co-operative with me and pleasant to talk to as well.

If anyone ever has any health eligibility issues, this is a very good place to start. Don't have their address but their phone # is 404-828-5410....This is a direct line to the gentleman that helped get things rollin, and his name is Frank. I asked him if he wouldn't mind if I gave out his name and number to Hadit.com and he didn't have a problem at all with it. Hope this helps the Hadit family and all other Vets.

Coot

​I believe it's the same benefit as if you were 100%, being it's extracting a tooth or getting new dentures. Voc Rehab's purpose with dental is to make a Vet presentable in the working environment.

Coot