VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contacting Members Of Congress/senate

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

Ok guys I know that I should probably not but I am so tired of not knowing what is going on. I believe that I need to get others involved with my process. I have all of my issues well documented in my medical records for everything that I am claiming. I started this process on 05/11 and am still waiting. i have no need for nexus statements, IMO's, buddy statements, etc.. due to having everything well documented. i am claiming bilateral shoulder (hadit search for so confused) bilateral knee, and lung condition. I have been to 2 separate C&P's and have not had the examiner use any equipment other than an Mri machine to diagnose my torn tendons, torn rotator cuff, hills sachs deformity, and bankhart lessions. I have just been sent back to review of evidence once again. What are we reviewing. I see no future C&P exams for a CORRECTevaluation. My question is. Who should I go to first. Should I seek assistance from a Congressman or a Senator. If i knew what was going on then i would let this ride. I tired of being kept in the dark. Funny thing is, I have been told that I will need surgery for my right shoulder. I asked the VA to check with orthopedics to see if my PT would begin again since they stopped. Thsi was yesterday. Today I check ebennies and see review of evidence again. This is so bogus. Please do not expect an anser to any reply for about 2 hours. I am leaving work and going to have a coldie. :) Thaks guys.

Dearmeat---

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just saw on FB that Senator Cornyn from Texas has sent the VA Secretary a very powerful letter regarding the backlog at both the Houston and Waco Regional offices. My claim goes back to Jan 2010, and there are others on Hadit that are older than mine.

Papa

Being that elections are coming up real soon, I would look at who is up for re-election and send them an email, or a fax. email addresses are usually found on their websites. Normally under contact.

Letters can go unopened but emails and faxes generally get dealt with when they come.

Draft up a nice short letter and then paste it into the comments block on the politicians website you choose. Wouldn't recommend mentioning whether or not you are a supporter or will be. If they are going to help you they will help if they have your vote or not.

If you do not get help, then go to the next one. State Senator's can help also. Your local politicians may actually have a little more time and usually don't have to worry about hurting anyones feelings. Even though the Congress seem to play tough when they are on TV, these guys are still watching each others backs behind closed doors.

Attached is a letter Texas Senator Cornyn sent to the VA Secretary.

Papa

Attached is a letter Texas Senator Cornyn sent to the VA Secretary.

Papa

Thanks for attaching the letter Papa......good to see someone in office at least in TX gives a crap about the situation which is affecting vets nationwide. I just saw this little statement that was published "The Waco office, which serves Central Texas and is one of two regional claims offices in Texas, has the nation's second-highest number of pending claims, behind only Winston-Salem, N.C. " http://www.statesman...as-2417434.html

Wooooo is me..........My claim and my husbands is at Winston-Salem:( At 416 days and back in gathering of evidence phase (all but one contention has already previously been service connected and C&P's done) I actually feel guilty for even thinking about complaining considering how long you (Papa) and others have been waiting - it's just not right.

Edited by USMC5811