Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contacting Members Of Congress/senate

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

Ok guys I know that I should probably not but I am so tired of not knowing what is going on. I believe that I need to get others involved with my process. I have all of my issues well documented in my medical records for everything that I am claiming. I started this process on 05/11 and am still waiting. i have no need for nexus statements, IMO's, buddy statements, etc.. due to having everything well documented. i am claiming bilateral shoulder (hadit search for so confused) bilateral knee, and lung condition. I have been to 2 separate C&P's and have not had the examiner use any equipment other than an Mri machine to diagnose my torn tendons, torn rotator cuff, hills sachs deformity, and bankhart lessions. I have just been sent back to review of evidence once again. What are we reviewing. I see no future C&P exams for a CORRECTevaluation. My question is. Who should I go to first. Should I seek assistance from a Congressman or a Senator. If i knew what was going on then i would let this ride. I tired of being kept in the dark. Funny thing is, I have been told that I will need surgery for my right shoulder. I asked the VA to check with orthopedics to see if my PT would begin again since they stopped. Thsi was yesterday. Today I check ebennies and see review of evidence again. This is so bogus. Please do not expect an anser to any reply for about 2 hours. I am leaving work and going to have a coldie. :) Thaks guys.

Dearmeat---

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm tempted to mail a copy of Sen. Cornyn's letter to the director of the Waco VARO. It won't accomplish anything, but it'll make me smile. :)

I do apologize for venting on this topic. I also apologize for taking so long to respond. Carlie I actually did a bit of research after you responded and am very upset. Shredded claims forms in bins, shredder bins at the individuals desk, employees blowing the whistle on improper managerial actions, etc. The list goes on and on. From what I can see its Houston, Oakland, and Waco. I do believe that I am going to put myself out there in a not so pleasant light. This is going on too long. I am going to write a letter to my Senator (repub and demo) and my Congress (repub/demo). If my claim is going to bounce back and forth from review to prep for decision why should I care of a Senator slows it up. It appears to not be going anywhere anyway. Thanks for all of the links. I will get to them shortly,.

Dearmeat.

I just thought of something. My claim has muliple complex claims. Can it be that one is rated and now they are reviewing the other 2 complex claims. could this be why I am back at review of evidence?

This is the bottom line,

In most instances it does no good to contact a senator or congress critter about your claim.

First they never see the letter, they pay someone to handle " trivial" matters such as va inquires....

Secondly, I know of very few congress critters or sentators who really give damn about va claims and the problems we have.

Third, this is an election year... that being said, no elected official is going to do anything different than they what they normally do.

Forth, when the congress critter or senator gets a response... they get the same response that you would have received if you had written the letter to the va your self...... frankly they normally just write a cover letter and forward your letter to the va.

finally, our elected officials have no authority to make the va respond or to make the va finish a claim faster......

One thing I said may be incorrect... that is if writing your elected official makes you feel better,, than that is the good of it.... I have written a few letters myself.. but deep down we all know that those letters do no good other than to highlight that a problem exist.

By the way my senator , Sen Cornyn has a history of puffing his chest at the va..... but it rarly accomplishes anything except making the news.. after all he is no diffferent than any other elected official... kissing babies, makes promises he can't keep.. and never missed a chance to look good in the publics eye....

Of course this is my opinion based on my own interactions with the va, on behalf of myself and others. Your results may be different.

Oh buy the way... the backlog the senator mentions in his letter, has actually inproved over the last year.... expecially Houston...

Ok now you guys have me researching. Its oh so funny that Mitt just picked his nominee. Look at the bottom and notice who and what happened in 2011. Its so sad how they love us in wartime but hate us when we need to actually seek help that we were promised.

http://educationbalancedhealthymeaningfullif.blogspot.com/2012/08/va-backlog-does-mean-deny-valid-claims_10.html