VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim Finally Moved In Ebenefits, Too Good To Be True?

Rate this question

yoopergirl

Question

So, my claim for an increase with IU has finally moved from gathering of evidence to preparation for decision today after 19 months of sitting there. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes when it has actually gotten to this point. I know it varies but I am hoping we aren't talking another 6 months!

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yoopergirl, my claim currently is moving somewhere in the average speed of a snail, a tortoise and a melting glacier. Keep the faith, and keep moving forward.

Mark

Mark,

I know how you feel. My claim didn't move not one step in 19 months. That is insane. Once it started moving though, it moved quickly. I hope all of the veterans who have been waiting get their claims resolved quickly. Supposedly the VA has cleared up the backlog of Vietnam claims and are working on the rest of us. Let's hope that is true. Good luck and don't give up!

Mark,

I know how you feel. My claim didn't move not one step in 19 months. That is insane. Once it started moving though, it moved quickly. I hope all of the veterans who have been waiting get their claims resolved quickly. Supposedly the VA has cleared up the backlog of Vietnam claims and are working on the rest of us. Let's hope that is true. Good luck and don't give up!

Thanks, Yoopergirl. I think you're right about the Vietnam era veterans. It's sad in two ways. These Vietnam veterans literally lived out nearly an entire lifetime in most cases with no help, and now they.....or their estates.....will get some compensation, but only a token I think. (I could be wrong, and somebody jump in and correct me if I am.) Another thing that is sad in this is that these claims should have been properly handled decades ago, and since they were not, it delayed a great many veterans in our own era from getting claims, some who are also no longer with us who could have used the help while they were alive.

Good luck on your claims and for your future. Thanks again for your service!

Mark

Friday both of my claims, one for increase and TDIU and the other to add my newborn daughter were in Preparation for notification, this morning they are back at Pending Decision Approval, what the heck is going on? I am really confused why it would have moved at this stage, any words of wisdom?

Friday both of my claims, one for increase and TDIU and the other to add my newborn daughter were in Preparation for notification, this morning they are back at Pending Decision Approval, what the heck is going on? I am really confused why it would have moved at this stage, any words of wisdom?

i noticed today that my claim had moved to preparation for decision. i had my c&p 2 weeks ago.

and then sometime today, it went back to gathering of evidence.

Edited by iceturkee