VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim Finally Moved In Ebenefits, Too Good To Be True?

Rate this question

yoopergirl

Question

So, my claim for an increase with IU has finally moved from gathering of evidence to preparation for decision today after 19 months of sitting there. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes when it has actually gotten to this point. I know it varies but I am hoping we aren't talking another 6 months!

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The very next day after moving to preparatin for decision it moved to pending decision approval. I am really hoping that this was fast tracked after I made and inquiry and the person who called me seemed shocked by how old my claim was for no new sc disabilites, just IU. I do know that if my claim for IU is approved that my back pay would be over 30k, does that mean there would be extra steps because of such a large payment, could that hold it at this step longer?

From what I read, and I will add the link here: http://www.va.gov/oi...48-31.pdf from from the VA Office of Inspector General Report.....it is not JUST the dollar amount that may require extra signatures (which will of course will take extra time - how long I have no clue) it states that any amount OVER 25,000.00 and/or any claim retroactive for more then 2 years will require extra signatures.

If you click on the link provided and then scroll down to the bottom of page 7/top of page 8 you will be able to read what the OIG said in regards to signatures required.

Congrats on the movement at least.....any movement is nice to see. I hope because we are nearing the end of the month...that they move quickly on your claim.

Edited by USMC5811

I hope it turns out well for you. My dates have changed 3 times. The soonest date now is next month. This is for an initial claim with three claimed SC issues.

I hope it turns out well for you. My dates have changed 3 times. The soonest date now is next month. This is for an initial claim with three claimed SC issues.

Good luck to you as well. My initial claim was done in less than 8 months start to finish but that was in 2008. This claim has been open now for 20months and my "window" of completion changed so many times it was crazy. I will say that the last time it changed it went from Dec. 2012 to March 2012......backwards, weird. I ended up calling my service officer last month and I think he helped to get my claim moving, he sad that it was pretty old for no new illnesses and that he would send an email and a week later it moved from gathering to prep. for decision. I hope it is done soon and hope everyone else gets their claims done quickly. It is crazy how long these claims take, I have had family to help me or me and my children would have been homeless. If a veteran can't work and it takes years for a claim to process they can end up homeless and that should never happen. I wish you speed and success with your claim!

USMC...

The VA tried this, but can no longer require a bunch of extra signatures (Extraordinary Awards Program, EAP). Its illegal.

http://thomasandrewslaw.blogspot.com/2010/08/macklem-eap-equals-cue.htm

If it turns out the VA wants to do this to you, too, well do what Macklem did. Maybe the VA will learn their lesson. Macklem apparently got retro to 1950.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/cavc-macklem-v-shinseki-leroy-macklem-come-on-down/