Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response -Replies Appreciated

Rate this question

Papa

Question

This is the response I got from IRIS today. Very confusing. My remarks in red.

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated August 15, 2012.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

We received your claim on February 16, 2010. Your claim is open and in the Development Phase. This phase is where we obtain evidence to support your claim. According to our electronic computer system, the development actions have been completed. How can something be open and completed at the same time? Yes, we received your QTC (private company that conducts exams for VA) exam for your claimed contention for Post Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD). We will review your claim to ensure we have everything we need to make an informed decision. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you. I never ask them about PTSD on this IRIS inquiry, and do not know what they mean by "your claimed contention for PTSD".

The Development Phase is completed on most claims on average in 217 days.

Your claim’s Development Phase began February 16, 2010. The length of time it takes to complete the Development Phase depends on several factors, such as the type of claim filed, the availability of evidence needed to decide your claim, and VA’s pending workload. A claim may take longer in this phase based on the specifics of your claim. There are two additional phases: the Decision Phase and the Notification Phase.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Donovan W. Thompson

National IRIS Response Center Manager

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Papa.... I can tell you this... I have seen almost every sentence in their response used in the responses they sent me. Which tells me that most of it is basically computer generated standard form responses. The exceptions are those sentences that you are concerned about.

It sounds like they may have completed the development actions, but have not moved your claim to the next phase yet. But any response that says that they have completed something is at least hopeful, just as any movement because it means somebody is at least doing something.

I believe in keeping a thread of hope going, but tempered with as much patience as you can muster. Good luck.

I for one agree with midnight. Been there done that, your claim is moving but they give themselves an out to move back or forward depending on what the want after investigating the evidence they have gathered to date.

No big deal!

Stillhere