VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

15 Months And Still "gathering Evidence"

Rate this question

rebelranger

Question

This is outrageous, who can I talk to to speed things up? I mean I understand their case load but really 15 months and still in the "gathering evidence" stage. I've went to all my meetings, been repeatedly told I have problems, now I just need help. Why does the VA do this? I wish the presidential elections would focus on this for just one second! AHHH so mad

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

More then a few of us here can relate to your frustration with the system. Ebenefits is NOT always correct as far as where your claim is in the system - at least not until it shows your in the decision phase. Any movement is nice to see - but some have been in the Review of Evidence Phase for 15 months as well. How long it stays in each phase depends on soooo many things, but especially how backed up your specific Regional Office is. Have you had your C&P exams yet?

I agree with you in regards to the presidential elections, but sadly we veterans are not the majority in America and to be perfectly honest even if they (politicians) did mention our plight with the VA System on their campaign trail (only to get the vet vote or active duty military vote) - it would probably just be more chest pounding = just a display with no real fixes of this horribly broken system. IMO the whole system needs to be taken apart - not just "fixed". Every few years they state the system will be fixed - claims will be processed faster and with less errors by such and such a date - but those dates keep moving back every few years as well. The one thing that has at least shown improvement - no thanks to the actual VA system - is that vets of today are more knowledgeable in regards to the system and putting in claims then they were in the past ....... thanks to fellow veterans.

Tbird just posted the Monday morning report for each Regional Office on this thread - to get an idea of how far behind the RO's are check it out:

Edited by USMC5811

My husband filed claims for PTSD, tinnitus, and hearing loss in Oct. 2010. He finally had C&P exams done in May. His claim on EBene went from gathering evidence to rating phase and is now back in gathering evidence, and it's been 23 mos. Hang in there it will happen sooner or later. His 100% SC is IHD filed on FastTrack, but should still be compensated for the others. Good Luck!

Just hang in there find you something to stay busy Ebenifits is like a 52 fake out for the most part from what I've seen. Take care and good luck to ya