VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Determing Effective Date For Re-Opened Claim

Rate this question

Papa

Question

How is the effective date determined on a denied claim that was re-opened by the VA? The initial claim dates back to 1973, but the VA kept denying that I was injured in the Military, even with clear evidence that I did get hurt. Tried several times, but would always get denied. Now, they re-open this claim since they finally looked at the evidence that has always been there. In fact, I mailed it to them several times. Since, I did not re-open the claim, and the VA did, would this impact the effective date? Any WAGs on what the effective date might be?

Papa

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

In my opinion since the va reopened the claim, they could end up calling cue on theirselves and the effective date will be the time you opened the claim or in the very least the time that you provided the evidence the first time... but the va doesn't play by the rules

When are they going to send you for a C&P exam? That's the question? if you don't get a c7p exam then they just re-opening the claim to get you off their back,.

They re-opened my inital claim, but i didn't have a current dianosis and the ones that i was already getting compensated for they are trying to reduce and the one they gave me an increase on, they dated for the C&p for the month of the exam. they made sure i didn't get any back pay.

I had my C&P exam on June 11, 2012, for my Back, Knees, and lower legs.

Papa

Good luck papa, I got a CUE in now . I was denied back in 83 on my hearing. I found a internal memo from one VA offical to another who said to cancel my C&P and deny the claim. I sure hope this falls in your favor and mine. BTW they did reopen my claim in 2008 and awarded me SC for my hearing.