Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finanlly

Rate this topic

WVSERVER

Went to my local VAMC to get some records and get my ebinnes account upgraded. Log on to ebinnes for the first time and low and behold an AB8 letter saying I am 70% combined and that my current payment is 1512.00 a month they messed up the effective date they are using December 2011 instead of march 2011.

Have not checked the math yet but should include myself wife and 3 kids.

How do you all recommend I get the effective date changed? Even ebinnes says they received the claim on March 4 2011. Trying not to get my hopes up until I see the money.

This was an initial claim and was done at the Huntington VARO.

Thanks to each and every veteran here on hadit.com for helping and sharing information I can imagine what would of happened if I would have just filled out the paperwork. My wife is already crying as this is going to be a big help.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Wserver!!!

I wouldn't worry about the effective date. It will go back to when your claim was filed.

I think the Dec 2011 date has something to do with the last Cost of Living Increase.

It sure is a good feeling to get that news. Now you can relax a little bit.

Thanks for your service.

Bob K

Yep, like PainterBK said, dont worry about that date. They will pay you back pay to the date they recieved it, that happen too me.

My effective date 3/2012 but they paid back from the day after I retired which was Sept 1,2010. So you will be fine.

Congrats

Got the deposit today the break down as follows.

50% for sleep apnea with c-pap

30% for IBS,GEERD, and Hiatal Hernia combined( not sure if this combos allowed will have to look)

10% Tinnitus

0% Hydrnoprosis

0% Hemorrhoids

Mitral Valve prolapse and allergic rinetitus was deferred.

The rest was denied due to lack of evidence in SMR. I don’t think the VA ever received my SMR they only had what I gave them or the smr were incomplete. All the conditions denied are in my records some were now I have to locate them. My C&P doc was able to locate them on line some were?

Once again thanks everyone this is a huge relief without you guys it would have not been possible. Now to decide to be happy with the 70% as I am only 31 or fight what was denied. I know if I had a completed copy of my records this would be no problem.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use