VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Ptsd Questionaire

Hollis

Question

Hi I have file a claim for PTSD back in MAY. I have not had nor am I schedule for and C&P. But I would like to know if someone has any hard copies of some questions that I can buy. I would like to learn what type of questions I be asked. If anyone does please PM me and we can talk.Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

Ok since I was asked to re post this in the right place , well here I am. AS stated before I got a C&P on hypertension and PTSD this week and not worrried about the hypertension , but I am about the PTSD. I know that I am getting stress out over this. As stated before I hate to start talking about things I have buried for over 40 years. I just like to keep the demons in hiding, but I know that not what going to happen. I know all I have to do is tell the truth and I will. But if I am asked about dates on some of the fire fights, I be loss. I can't rermember that for back, nor did I keep a diary of things I did while in Viet Nam. Oh well thanks for letting me vent a little.

Ok since I was asked to re post this in the right place , well here I am. AS stated before I got a C&P on hypertension and PTSD this week and not worrried about the hypertension , but I am about the PTSD. I know that I am getting stress out over this. As stated before I hate to start talking about things I have buried for over 40 years. I just like to keep the demons in hiding, but I know that not what going to happen. I know all I have to do is tell the truth and I will. But if I am asked about dates on some of the fire fights, I be loss. I can't rermember that for back, nor did I keep a diary of things I did while in Viet Nam. Oh well thanks for letting me vent a little.

Hollis,

The examiner should have at least some of your records there at the exam.

The examiner should already know you were in a combat area.

They will just need the basics on your stressors and how you are currently effected

by things.

The "stressor" just serves as evidence to support the diagnosis and service connection.

How the diagnosed condition currently effects you, is used to figure the evaluation for

a percentage level.

Hope this helps.

Ok brothers and sisters, I had my C&P today, and boy was I surprised. Th Dr asked lots of questions, but mostly about family history. and if I have ever be in trouible with the police, or jail time, no to both questions. We talked about my depression and anxiety sleeping problems. I told him I was up at 3:30 this morning and have not been back to sleep. I told him I woke up to screaming noise, and looked around the house and out side,,, nothing was found. He is the kicker, he did not want to talk about my time in Viet Nam.He said he has interviewed several dog handlers in the past and knew what we went thru, and there no reason to bring it all back out. I liked that as I was afraid things would go bad from there. OVER ALL I think all went ok. Thanks for all the help I have gotten from here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollis

I got a PTSD stressor from a dog handler. He was standing by my guard bunker at night chatting with the guy that was awake while I was trying to get a little sleep. The dog got away from the handler and fell into my bunker knocking over the M-60. I woke up with a big, black German Shepard staring at me. I froze and the dog handler crapped his pants because he was worried the dog would eat me up and he would get a courts martial, ha, ha.

John

FUNNY JOHN, really they was trained to hate the VC. You was safe, unless you tried to handle him. I would put on his muzzle when we was in camp and take it off when guarding a prisoner. Lobo, my dog name, only bit one GI. The soldier reach out to get me and my dog took that as an attack. The guy was OK he just got a nip on his fingers. So any idea on what I can expect from the C&P I had today?

BTW John, my dog was a big solid black shepard, weighed about 65 #. I know I had to carry him when he hurt his paw. I would not let him walk on it.

well here we go again, I had my second C&P, 2 in 3 days. The first one was QTC for PTSD, second one was high blood pressure and hypertension seconary to PTSD. But here is the biggie, the Dr today asked me how long I have had kidney diease, I said I did not know I had KD. he replyed well that is one things we are looking at on the request. Boy, how things get screwed up. I told him I did no I had HYPERTENSION or high blood pressure till I had my first meeting with the VA Dr. back last year. I told him I have been going to the MH clinic since last Feb. and was still under treatment. So can anyone give me any insight/ thouight on this? Thanks