Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success

Rate this topic

abbie1115

Hello all. I have been a long time lurker student of this wonderful site and received good new on my inital claim today that I owe in part to all of the helpful advice I learned from here - I am approved at 90%!

I know some of you also reached the "notification" phase recently and had questions about it, so here is my timeline to help:

Sept 2011 - Initial claim filed under BDD program

Oct 2011 - C&P exams completed

Nov 2011 - All exams received at Seattle and forwarded to Utah

Feb 2012 - Retired Navy

Mar-Jun 2012 - "Gathering evidence"

July 10th - Nov 11th 2012 - "Pending Decision"

Nov 12th 2012 - "Pending Notification"

Nov 15th 2012 - "Complete"

I now have an AB8 letter in ebenefits which reflects my monthly payment amount, and Peggy verified my big envelope is on its way. Peggy explained I will receive my first monthly payment on December 1st, with backpay to my EAOS/file date of 03/01/12 to follow 90 - 120 days later (after all their audit drills).

I'm currently a divorced single mom to 2 school-aged dependents and a full-time student using the Post 9/11 GIB. I've been unemployed since retiring this year. I need to educate myself now on the "what next" factor, including SSDI and state benefits. I'm grateful for you all in helping me along this far. I know I will find what I need here regarding my next chapter as well.

God bless,

Abbie

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your award.As previously posted since you are unemployed you might to consider TDIU.Look closely at your award letter when you recieve it and look at what you were approved for and if you are happy with the percentages assigned.You may want tp appeal some of them..Great job and have a wonderful day...............................Grid

Congratulations to you! I'm sure this will be a big help in the raising of your children.

Thanks for your service.

VetswifeIndy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use