VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Rate At Hotels

Rate this question

georgiapapa

Question

Is it permissible for 100% P&T veterans to use their DD 2765 government identification card to obtain a government rate at off base hotels?

I travel to a cancer center in Little Rock, Arkansas every six months and we usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I currently get a patient discount but the government rate is $13.00 per night cheaper than the patient rate. I believe the hotel would give me the government rate but I do not want to use the DD 2765 improperly and risk losing my privileges.

If anyone can direct me to a government web site showing where using the DD 2765 for government rates at civilian hotels is permissible or prohibited, please let me know.

Thanks,

Georgiapapa...

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

georgiapapa,

I have no direct comment on your specific question

BUT

can advise that booking the room on line through

booking.com

OR

hotel.com

will usually provide a better price, than either avenue you asked about.

carlie

Thanks Carlie.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, use your ID for a discount. I always request the gov't rate and show them my DoD, disabled vet ID, which is honored. If they ask which dept, I tell them DoD, as that's who issued the card. They don't really care, as long as you show ID. Most give 10%, however some major hotel chains could go as low as half.

pr

Papa,

Absolutely use it for every discount you can get. It's not a legality issue- strictly hotel policy like how late the pool is open, so subject to worker's discretion.

I have AARP ($16 a year and you can opt out of mail/email barrage) strictly for hotel discounts.

I ask at check in which discount is best: AARP, Government, extended stay....

And I ask for discounts many places where they're not advertised- auto mechanics, stores- some managers will give you an on the spot discount.

Never hurts to ask!

More discount and benefit information here: http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-state-benefits/state-veterans-benefits-directory.html

and

here: http://www.military.com/discounts/

If anyone deserves a break, it's YOU! smile.png

Thanks for the info guys. I will definitely ask for the government rate when I make my next trip.

Georgiapapa...