Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston Va

Rate this topic

Jeffro

That should be the Houston VARO's new motto! They should put that on all of their posters and doors. "Patience, Persistance & Preparation May Result In Success. Now Please Take A Number And Stand In Line # 485. Thank You. Have A Nice 36 Month Wait."

:-)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw MarkInTexas as the poster in Success Thread and thought they finally completed your claim...no such luck I see.:( Well Mark I have not been waiting as long as you and our claim is in the second place screwed up RO (Winston-Salem) but have seen movement. I have not been around the forum lately ...been pretty sick the last few months but on the upside it definitely kept my mind off of my claim and my husbands. Looked at ebenefits on Friday....and it would not allow me to see my claim info, there was an "error". Checked Saturday and they have moved to Prep for Decision from Gathering Dust (had been in Review of Evidence months ago only to move back in the process). At least there is movement, even jumped a step this time - I'm thinking they are just screwing with us. Projected completion date moved from Feb 2013 to Aug 2013 - go figure.....and so we continue to stand in line. Happy New Year!

Saw MarkInTexas as the poster in Success Thread and thought they finally completed your claim...no such luck I see.:( Well Mark I have not been waiting as long as you and our claim is in the second place screwed up RO (Winston-Salem) but have seen movement. I have not been around the forum lately ...been pretty sick the last few months but on the upside it definitely kept my mind off of my claim and my husbands. Looked at ebenefits on Friday....and it would not allow me to see my claim info, there was an "error". Checked Saturday and they have moved to Prep for Decision from Gathering Dust (had been in Review of Evidence months ago only to move back in the process). At least there is movement, even jumped a step this time - I'm thinking they are just screwing with us. Projected completion date moved from Feb 2013 to Aug 2013 - go figure.....and so we continue to stand in line. Happy New Year!

USMC, great to hear from you! Nope, I'm not done either. I'm still in Gathering Dust phase over here. Congratulations on the movement! I hope that you both get some great New Year's news soon.

Hope you feel better soon, and stay safe in the New Year!

....and the clock keeps ticking......

Mark

ROFLMAO!!

I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you! @ ATLANTA RO gathering of dust stage not 30mths but quite frankly head that direction 18mths LOL. Keep up the laughter and patience and above all else DO NOT STOP!

Ooh RAhh

I'm at the 20.5 month phase still stuck in gathering evidence even though iI finished comp and pen last ........ iI loved how they claimed they didn't get documents requested when iI only go to the lol. On the bright side when they do award me it will be a substantial amount. In a way this all reminds me of waiting on the 7-tons to show up after being in the field or when we were finally leaving . iI should be used to this by now...

• 1 month later...

My claims were going no where at Houston and I finally asked the right person the right question. I found that mine were stacked in a hallway or some such and were not being worked. I was told that I had a thick file with several complex issues. I was told the workers at Houston are graded on how many claims they work so it is easier for them to grab a thin file that maybe can be worked quickly vs a big thick one that will take longer. I don't know whether this is exactly true or not because I didn't actually see the process. A VSO told me about how files are processed.

Part of my problem was that I changed regionals from Columbia, SC, to Houston. That caused some delay.

I changed VSOs and fortunately he was able to flag my file and get it worked. Still, from the time my initial claim was filed until I received resolution on all claims was about twenty-three months.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use