Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Movement On Benefits Explorer

Rate this topic

aggie54

My claim is still showing as gathering of evidence, but status changed to P&T on the Benefits Explorer. I am 90% Service and VA connected with 6 deferred contentions,

but now they added P&T what does that mean?

Thank you guys for any advise and happy New Years.

Aggie

Edited by aggie54

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Benefits Explorer also updated to reflect my P/T status which I was awarded on 10/04/12. If I were you I'd still be "cautiously" optimistic about ebenefits. Good Luck....

Congrats!

I'm new so what exactly are ya'll talking about with regards to the p& t part?

Congrats!

I'm new so what exactly are ya'll talking about with regards to the p& t part?

Good morning Marine, what this means is when you have a claim in with the VA there are several places on E-benefits that you want to keep an eye on. One is, on Benefits Explorer it shows your personal information

like active duty date, dependency, and % if any at this current time. It also shows right below the % wether or not you are P&T or not. This P&T means Permanent and Total which normally comes with an award that is considered to be 60% or more, in which they pay you at the 100% and you will not have anymore required exams for your disabilities.

Hope this explains a little about it. There is much more to the P&T meaning in which I'm sure there is a lot more experience members in the sight that can be a little more clear about it.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fi.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use