Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Movement On Benefits Explorer

Rate this topic

aggie54

Ah ok now I understand. Can't help but think of pting whenever I see PT.

It's always good to see someone else getting good news. It means there is still hope ha. I'm actually surprised with the amount of people who are actually getting good ratings. I had already settled on being happy if I end up getting 50%.

Good morning Marine, what this means is when you have a claim in with the VA there are several places on E-benefits that you want to keep an eye on. One is, on Benefits Explorer it shows your personal information

like active duty date, dependency, and % if any at this current time. It also shows right below the % wether or not you are P&T or not. This P&T means Permanent and Total which normally comes with an award that is considered to be 60% or more, in which they pay you at the 100% and you will not have anymore required exams for your disabilities.

Hope this explains a little about it. There is much more to the P&T meaning in which I'm sure there is a lot more experience members in the sight that can be a little more clear about it.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fi.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok now I understand. Can't help but think of pting whenever I see PT.

It's always good to see someone else getting good news. It means there is still hope ha. I'm actually surprised with the amount of people who are actually getting good ratings. I had already settled on being happy if I end up getting 50%.

I'm glad that you understand a little more about P&T, and yes I do understand the part where a lot of people are getting good news, but don't forget for a minute that we also have been waiting for several months and in many cases several years. I am going on 3 years as of July, so hopefully the is will come to an end pretty soon. As for you being happy with 50% only tells me that you are in a lot better health then most of us, which you should give thanks to the good lord for that. I would give all of my 90% back to the VA if I could have my health back. This is something that money can't buy.

Take care and hopefully you get what you deserve really soon.

Thank you for your service to our great country Marine.

Semper Fi....

Oh I do definitely know it can take forever. I'm a few months shy of two years. Stuck in the gathering evidence phase since last June or so after finishing my c&p in feb/Mar time frame.

At this point I don't ever expect anything to happen but that doesn't keep me from generally trying to keep a positive outlook.

Semper Fi

I'm glad that you understand a little more about P&T, and yes I do understand the part where a lot of people are getting good news, but don't forget for a minute that we also have been waiting for several months and in many cases several years. I am going on 3 years as of July, so hopefully the is will come to an end pretty soon. As for you being happy with 50% only tells me that you are in a lot better health then most of us, which you should give thanks to the good lord for that. I would give all of my 90% back to the VA if I could have my health back. This is something that money can't buy.

Take care and hopefully you get what you deserve really soon.

Thank you for your service to our great country Marine.

Semper Fi....

I just checked my benefits explorer on ebennies, and noticed that that area changed completely my percentage is the same which is 30%, but below that it states permanent and total. I have filed for increases in August of 2012 could this be good news? Or does this mean something else. Thanks for all the help. I love HAD IT!!!!!!!

Benefits explorer seems to have extensive variability depending on your VARO. It is not necessarily a statement on where you are at as a tool to determine what benefits are available to veterans who meet certain eligibility. I can toggle mine to P&T (which I am not yet).

I wouldn't read to much into this particular brand of Tea Leaf from the VA.

Best regards,

Its probably a database issue going on because mine shows the samething about P&T even though I have a few claims, NOD and IU claim in the works. I can't even access none of my stuff, Letter, Claims or Payment history.....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use