VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee Brace

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Does anyone know what the Disibility rating is for a Knee Brace? this is for a unloaded metal brace. Is it 10% 20% 30% etc. etc.

Thank You.

They don't rate a knee brace, anymore than they rate a wheelchair, prosthetic extremity, or hearing aid. They rate the current condition or the effects of the disease.

pr

if the veteran has a brace for a service-connected disability, they are eligible for a clothing allowance. Each year the VA will pay a clothing allowance for each disability that requires a brace, wheelchair or in some cases (depends on the medication) for lotion to put on a skin condition.

there is a PDF that I found on one of the topics and it is stating that "over the counter" knee braces will no longer be covered. I use a Hely & Weber brace that has metal hinges on both sides. I was approved for two clothing allowances last year and I have been getting a single (before the change) for over five years. I have the braces (metal bracing part) formed each leg by a VA Dr. and I think that would make them a custom brace. They have to order them every time I need new ones. I think that the VA is trying to find a way to recover the now having to pay for more than one CA by changing things to make more things not eligible anymore. The PDF is a letter sent to a disabled Vet and it also states some creams will now not be covered due to the chemicals used may change from year to year. I know this is a benefit that is something they did not have to pay and I am grateful that I am getting it but for them to try to find ways around paying us is not right. I have the PDF but I am not sure how to attach it to this so anyone can read it. If someone would let meknow how I will put it in here or if I find it I might be able to link it to there. If anyone has it and can put it in here, please do so others can see it and can make the needed changes so they will be able to continue to receive the CA they so deserve.