Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Today recieved my first Agent Orange Review for information for veterans WHO served in Vietnam. Vol.26 No. 1

This must be the new magazine to let us know about AO. I bet only the vietnam and Korea veteran's that recieve this are the one that file for compensation.

Not the ones that are dying and don't know.

I would think Berta wrote most of it, or they copied it from her!ph34r.png

Good article on Korea Veterans.

I guess it is a start dry.png

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It looks to be a yearly, because Vol 26 No.1 Winter 2012

I think i saw something about next issue was Winter 2013.

It comment: This is the 49th Agent Orange Review that VA has published. This issue was completed in winter 2012 and does not include developments that occurred after that time. For past issues of the newletter and other information, please visit our website at

www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange

SP4RVN1971 First lst me start off by telling you how moved I was reading some of your posts in 2011 (I brlieve some of your first) hope you're doing well now. I also wanted to thank you for your post here by reading the site I believe my father who was on the DMZ in Korea in 70 &71 and died of prostate cancer in 83 was possibly due to AO. Thank you again and God Bless! Rich!biggrin.png

John999

AO should go down as the single worst friendly fire incident in US miltary history. We were killed in Viet Nam we just didn't die there.

Boomer2, this is so true, the death rate from post Vietnam will be in the 100's thousand veteran to died. Plus Korea troop and list of other places that AO was used.mad.gif

The same thing is happening to the South Vietnamese people. The casualties of WARsad.png

I wonder how I could go about getting a copy of this issue. We used to get updates a long time ago. It seems like after we started filing claims, we quit getting any copies. I think that they did not want people to be informed.

Now, I see they are looking at chronic lung disease among Vietnam Veterans. That sure would include David.

Celia

Celia,

Can you tell me where you saw about lung diseases. I have IPF and am fighting them now.

Flatbroke

John999

AO should go down as the single worst friendly fire incident in US miltary history. We were killed in Viet Nam we just didn't die there.

Rockman would always say that he died 40 years ago and this is so true of so many Veterans!!

Celia

Celia,

Can you tell me where you saw about lung diseases. I have IPF and am fighting them now.

Flatbroke

It looks to be a yearly, because Vol 26 No.1 Winter 2012

I think i saw something about next issue was Winter 2013.

It comment: This is the 49th Agent Orange Review that VA has published. This issue was completed in winter 2012 and does not include developments that occurred after that time. For past issues of the newletter and other information, please visit our website at

www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange

Flatbroke,

I am so sorry to hear that you have IPF and I wish you the best on all fronts.

First click on the above link from SP4RVN1971. Then go to the Publications and Reports at the left.

Under Newsletters- click on Latest Issue (winter 2012).

It has it listed under Other Features.

You can then go to the top and download the full issue.

It does have they are looking at COPD listed. I wonder if they look at COPD if then they would ever go a little further and look at IPF. They show the research study on the ACC Group, but I would think that if you were heavily exposed to AO, it would be the same. At least maybe it is a start. Who can ever tell with VA?!?

VA kept asking Rockman if he was exposed to all sorts of chemicals, but when he said AO...Oh no, that cannot be the cause. I say BULL!!!

I hope that this a help to you and that I have not steered you in the wrong direction.

What meds do they have you on and let me know how you are doing.

Celia, Mrs. R