Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Bad News On Ebenefits.....

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

I have tried to go and research the claims and appeals and compensation and pension links and where I was able to view the evidence they have received and could at least get a list of it. NOW as of this week ,,,,,,nothing there .

Folks this is huge . If the 2 days of maintenance where doing that is one thing. But doing away with my records is something else. I would suggest that everyone check and see if their ebenefits records and evidence they have received ....is still there. MINE ARE GONE..... Don't you just love Miss Hickey and the new 'paperless" system?

I hope its only me they did this too and not everyone. Please COMMENT and let everyone know about your records on ebenefits. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Checked mine on Tuesday and my "what we recieved" block is totally gone also all my documents I submitted in Dec for my FDC (migraine increase) vanished. Also the C&P exams area is dead also since the upgrade. I checked all this stuff on Friday the day prior to the upgrade and all this stuff was there. So I called ebennes today and the tech said they are aware of the issue this new upgrade messed up certain data fields. He said the patch they will upload Thursday should fix it and our stuff should be visable again. Humm ya right but I'll see if my stuff is back on Friday. Note when I called the ebennes phone number they also had a message stating due to a recent telephone software upgrade half of our telephone service is not working and the wait time is long. Humm anouther update gone bad go figure.

Edited by manning01

EBenefits...... EBenefits...........EBenefits,

Come on guys ... really..... by now I though everyone knew that EBenefits just isn't dependable.. never has been and I doubt it ever will be.. of course JMHO....

Hello Teac,,,,, yes ,,,,I agree with you ... however the point is that the new PAPERLESS VA is here , and I hate it. Oh , I could go over to Ebenefits and check this or that status of a claim and knew that it was a waste of time. But now I see some dramatic changes and not any of them good.

The VA is trying to go all paperless and computer , and the phone system is ......well it appears will be done away with as a claims link or any VA link for the Veteran. All the while it has been praised by all of the VA leaders to be just wonderful and it THE FUTURE of how VA does claims and communicates with the Veterans.

Teac , I just had a discussion about my Cfile with my lawyer on some things. I just got a copy of it last year and it had the artilces of evidence listed on ebenefits. Now it is gone. I cannot view my cfile in Houston because you cannot call them and set up an appointment. This is where we are heading in the future of VA and its going to be just like the old VA ..... instead of SHREDDERGATE its going to be DELETEAGATE...... It is so simple now for the VA to get rid of our records .....just delete it. JUST LIKE THEY DID. This is where we are going and though I used to think like you about not trusting Ebenefits or MyHealthyVet.......... It is going to be in the future ,,,,,the ONLY way to communicate with the VA. I hate this system. Now I cannot pull up the records of evidence they received to talk to my lawyer and compare what they have or don't have.

Whether you want to believe this or not is up to you....but for me ...... I do not like anything about this change and it means ....in the long run......that Veterans are going to have a more difficult road to their benefits and to contact VA for anything. If you can just think about where we where just 5 years ago and where we are now ,,,,,, there is a huge change and in the wrong direction........ON EVERYTHING dealing with the VA.

I feel so bad for our new Veterans coming in........ its tragic. I am glad I am at least in the process for the last 6-7 years ..... and do not have a major part of the claims process to deal with .

I am sorry for your record loss also Manny but it seems like its across the board. And as you say we will just have to wait and see how they fix it and what happens in the mean time.

TEAC ,,,, I agree totally with your last statement ...... "I doubt if it ever will ". That is the sad part of this.

Thanks Teac and Manning. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Hello Teac,,,,, yes ,,,,I agree with you ... however the point is that the new PAPERLESS VA is here , and I hate it. Oh , I could go over to Ebenefits and check this or that status of a claim and knew that it was a waste of time. But now I see some dramatic changes and not any of them good.

The VA is trying to go all paperless and computer , and the phone system is ......well it appears will be done away with as a claims link or any VA link for the Veteran. All the while it has been praised by all of the VA leaders to be just wonderful and it THE FUTURE of how VA does claims and communicates with the Veterans.

Teac , I just had a discussion about my Cfile with my lawyer on some things. I just got a copy of it last year and it had the artilces of evidence listed on ebenefits. Now it is gone. I cannot view my cfile in Houston because you cannot call them and set up an appointment. This is where we are heading in the future of VA and its going to be just like the old VA ..... instead of SHREDDERGATE its going to be DELETEAGATE...... It is so simple now for the VA to get rid of our records .....just delete it. This is where we are going and though I used to think like you about not trusting Ebenefits or MyHealthyVet.......... It is going to be in the future ,,,,,the ONLY way to communicate with the VA. I hate this system. Now I cannot pull up the records of evidence they received to talk to my lawyer and compare what they have or don't have.

Whether you want to believe this or not is up to you....but for me ...... I do not like anything about this change and it means ....in the long run......that Veterans are going to have a more difficult road to their benefits and to contact VA for anything. If you can just think about where we where just 5 years ago and where we are now ,,,,,, there is a huge change and in the wrong direction........ON EVERYTHING dealing with the VA.

I feel so bad for our new Veterans coming in........ its tragic. I am glad I am at least in the process for the last 6-7 years ..... and do not have a major part of the claims process to deal with .

I am sorry for your record loss also Manny but it seems like its across the board. And as you say we will just have to wait and see how they fix it and what happens in the mean time.

TEAC ,,,, I agree totally with your last statement ...... "I doubt if it ever will ". That is the sad part of this.

Thanks Teac and Manning. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

C.C.

Just an update I just recieved the IRIS email I sent yesterday wow that was fast. They said it should be there in 48-72 hours and they understand my flustration what a line of BS but atleast they answered thier email. Thanks TEAC for all your knowledge and CC for all your inspiring words of wisdom on here it's appreciated.

Edited by manning01

Not gone, yet! Go back and look, click on the link in blue letters for unsolicited stuff, it's hidden there. Just another tactic to worry and confuse a veteran ... Thought the mandate was to help the veteran; guess they lost their way.

• HadIt.com Elder

5 years ago you could call the 800 number and get your Regional Office. Now you get put on a roller system and you land at a call center anywhere.

This was a quality improvement implemented by the VA to improve the call quality. It was improved so darn well that the calls are now hours to days later.

They have you just where they want you. They have gained separation and have taken away your ability to communicate with the correct department unless you are using a VSO.

E Benefits: This system started out as a way to track meds and order refills and has expanded into this monster it is and now it makes the mailman feel safer as the veteran who was targeting the mailbox every day for letters from VA is now stalking e benefits checking it every 30 seconds. Now it is Electronic every little change is broadcast into the public forums.

This is a tool implemented by the VA. Folks, It is not and never will be a totally usable tool. I don't see the VA doing anything favoring the Veteran. They will favor themselves. They will write it like they are favoring the veteran as they are all very well trained bullcrappers.

Bottom line: Don't let Ebenefits bother you too much. They may even be posting someone else's info on there as they sometimes mix claim folders.