Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Bad News On Ebenefits.....

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

I have tried to go and research the claims and appeals and compensation and pension links and where I was able to view the evidence they have received and could at least get a list of it. NOW as of this week ,,,,,,nothing there .

Folks this is huge . If the 2 days of maintenance where doing that is one thing. But doing away with my records is something else. I would suggest that everyone check and see if their ebenefits records and evidence they have received ....is still there. MINE ARE GONE..... Don't you just love Miss Hickey and the new 'paperless" system?

I hope its only me they did this too and not everyone. Please COMMENT and let everyone know about your records on ebenefits. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Here is the real problem with eBenefits folks, some of its problems are the same problems we have with the legacy system, THE PEOPLE RUNNING IT! A lot of the data maintenance on a veteran's record in eBenefits was to be done at the RO. From what I have heard from others on the board the quality and quantity of data people have in eBenefits has significant variations. If they can't or won't maintain the data for eBenefits consistantly they are not going to properly maintain or manage the data in the new paperless system.

As for assertions that more veterans working at the VA is going to fix it. Until the upper management and leadership fixes the command climate, vets working at the VA are going to soldier on, do what they are told, and do the best they can do. Actually, high percentages of veterans in the worker ranks probably lower the risk of whistle blowers (my un-substantiated opinon). We have been drilled from the get go about using the chain of command and following orders. Employees with those attributes don't try to rock the boat, they achieve the mission/objective assigned. If we can fix the management priorities the other issues fall into place.

if the ebenefits site did what it was designed to do, we all would not be having this discussion! This site is never up to date, and when it is running, close to half the information is still missing.

We veterans will have a difficult time (more than we do now) when and if this system goes paperless.

Anybody is going to have a hard time convincing me that this is going to be better, the way of the future? Not happening.

With the veterans that I see, each and every veteran receives a copy of what I submit to VA. This practice has come in handy on several occasions, when the veteran brings in a letter from va stating that they had not received, we again, make copies of what was done before and I will hand carry them to the VARO for the veteran.

I really want this to work, but I just don't see it happening.

Hello Meghp .....It is scarey to see what is unfolding and its going to be even worse.

Since 2007 when the backlong was announced by Secretary James Nicholson, it was at 750,000 and the time to adjudicate a claim was 160 days and he was trying to get it down to 148 days.....this is under testimony....at the HVAC meeting . This drew immediate fire from several congressman .......Also said that 160 days was not correct.

Hey folks , I just wish we could be back in those days. .........

Now over 1,300,000 claims.....Sorry VA saying it is 975,000 is WAY off base from real numbers. It was 1,200,000 claims back in May and June during the last HVAC hearings.

It now as one of our posters yesterday put up ,,,,,3 years for an initial decision and 4 years to get a BVA decision.

OUTRAGEOUS ....... And now we have the same old lies that ohhhh we have a wonderful paperless program and have General Shensekis promise to Congress that the backlogs will be broken by 2015,,,,,and Miss Hickey......God Bless her little pee picken brain......says she has it all under control and a new program is now implemented.

Can anyone ever remember one of these VA managers or Secretaries with VBA ever ,,,ever ,,,take responsibility and say.....ITS BROKE ...we need to start over and fire all the dept heads. If this was a business the stockholders would have some heads rolling.

Give the VA to a Company trained in production and IT and STOP IMMEDIATELY ALL BONUSES.

Bonuses's are not given to people that do not produce. The VBA awards its bosses for failures.

I am sorry to ramble on....but I am so sick and I am physically not able to do the thinking and activity necessary to try and keep up with all the VA shennagans. We are in dire need of Divine help with this and I feel like history repeating itself that we are now ruled by the Babylonians and under captivity. That was a 75 year rule before the Jewish folks got out.......lets see how long has this VA problem had us Veterans under captivity.???? According to history we may only be about 1/2 or 2/3 thru the abuse. And really no change in sight for our lifetimes.

Hmmmmm maybe we need another Elijah to bring fire from heaven and the ROs and Washington might be a great target. Worked once in history back then.......

NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate