Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Application For Tdiu

Rate this question

DEWY

Question

I was sent a TDIU form/application to fill out by the VBA about a year ago after my disability was raised to 90% (i.e. 70% PTSD,30% vistibular dysfunction, 10% nerve damage from wounds, etc-all of which are combat related service disabilties).

At that time I did not know that TDIU was available to veterans and still don't know why they would send me the form unless they thought themselves that I was eligible.

I'm also 65 now and could not re-enter the work force without new skills or updating my old skills: computer s/w and microbiology.

Even though I retired about five years ago becuase of increasing problems associated with my disabilities, I retired of my own free will. I'm sure this would play into their decision to such an extent that it may be a waste of time to even submit my request.

In your opinon, should I apply for TDIU ?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You state "Even though I retired about five years ago becuase of increasing problems associated with my disabilities, I retired of my own free will." You can probably get it and if not you could just apply for an increase in your SC ratings. PTSD could get you 100% by itself. TDIU brings w/it some additional benefits, which sure could help anyone's retirment pkg, however if you don't feel you deserve it, then don't pursue it.

Myself, I feel we deserve all we get(and more) due to all we did and the way we were treated. If it were me I'd go for it! jmo

pr

Don't get me wrong, I do think I deserve it. The point I was trying to make is that most of my disability was increased after I retired and my retirement was voluntary in that I didn't state that I was retiring because of my disabilities, I just wrote off my problems and frustations that I was experiencing with work as old age and decided it was time to quit. Anyway, I've been reading other entries on the forum and many are similar to mine so I'm taking your advice and am going to request TDIU. -thanks.

can I apply for TDIU I have 8 issues

50% for migraines

30% asthma / bronchial

10% fibromyalgia

10% sciatic nerve

10% sciatic nerve

10% ulnar nerve

10% ulnar nerve

I can'T hold down a job in my field because im not covered by workmancomp I can pay in to it but NEVER collect if something happen at work so no one will hire me

Edited by SHEBUILT