Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Summary & Diagnosis

Rate this question

kowa

Question

I am currently at 30% PTSD but was advised to put in for a raise. I did 12-2011 and had a c&p 4-2012. It was kicked back for some reason and I had another c&p 8-2012.

My SO wasn't telling me why so I requested both notes. I got the second one back, changed SO's in the process...I like to know why things happen and not be blown off.

Anyway the summary his kind of hard to read about yourself but I am curious if you guys can tell me about where you think this would be rated. My GAF for this day was 50, it is always in the 49-52 ballpark with my therapist, according to her.

Summary and Diagnosis;

The patient continues to have problems with PTSD. It was triggered by events that occured in service but had delayed onset. It is currently manifested by intrusive memories, nightmares, diminished interest in normal activities, detachment from others, restricted affect with suicidal thinking, sleep disturbance, anger outbursts, concentration problems, and hypervigilance. Problems are occuring on a daily basis and have been present since 2000. Intensity is moderate to severe with impaired social relationships, marital functioning, occupational achievement, ( I fast track until I have an anxiety attack in front of someone, then I am percieved as a "liability") judgement, mood, and range of activities. It interferes with being able o shop, eat in restaurants and to go to movies comfortably. The patient demonstrates reduced reliability and producivity in his occupational and social functioning because of the flattened affect, impaired concentration, impaired judgement, disturbances in motivation and mood, and difficulty establishing and maintaining effective relationships. He is in need of medication and counseling, but the likelihood of significant change is low. The patient is competent to manage his own affairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was diagnosed with the Myotonia a couple of months later..."Adrenaline/epinephrine is well known to make myotonia worse in most individuals with the disorder, and a person with myotonia congenita may experience a sudden increase in difficulty with mobility in a particularly stressful situation during which adrenaline is released."....the myotonia will last 2-3 days after an attack. I hate that they do not know this because it is taking forever.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Venturing an educated guess I'd say 50% but could be 70%. If you're not working and unable to work I'd put in for TDIU but you may want to wait until this decision arrives. We used to have an atty here who stated he could get anyone w/a GAF of 50 or less TDIU, just to give you an idea. jmo

pr

Thanks pr, If they knew how the myotonia affected me, would it change the outcome? The myotonia is embarrassing enough, when I know I am likely to have anxiety attacks I just stay home.

I have been trying to work for the past thirteen years and now I am accepting the fact I will not be able to retire anywhere.

Thanks pr, If they knew how the myotonia affected me, would it change the outcome? The myotonia is embarrassing enough, when I know I am likely to have anxiety attacks I just stay home.

I have been trying to work for the past thirteen years and now I am accepting the fact I will not be able to retire anywhere.

Have you gotten any results back fom this rating?

To me, your summary and diagnosis is PTSD all the way, how could you deal with a work environment, continue to get counseling from VA. You may need your prescription to function, I do. Do not give up, no matter what the next step is. This is your life,