Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&ps Yesterday Are Over...

Rate this topic

Aletta

My hubby had his C&P yesterday. First one was for PTSD. The examiner came to the waiting room and asked me to come in after about 20 mins. My hubby was showing signs of higher anxiety. She didn't ask me many questions and I answered them. Then she started telling us what the process was for the claim. I know the claim process but I didn't tell her. She got to the part of saying, when we get the decision letter and we disagree that he could appeal, but she thought he would like the decision and would not disagree with a smile. His claim is for IU. Her words sound promising but I know what the raters have done in the past. If they only READ the DBQ's he would have 100% now.
THen he had his second C&P which was for hypertension Vascular disease. It was the same examiner he seen several years ago who determined his Hypertension was secondary to PTSD. He is a nice man. Anyway, He said he didn't understand why the RO took so long after they sent the C&P. Our VAMC sends them electronically. Then he said the raters were not medical professional, I already knew that. He said the raters basely went by what is in the C&P and key punch in the data. What he said next was really great. He believed if the VA would develop a program that the Examiner punches in the 'he has this, he doesn't have this' type of questions... there would be no need for raters and the claim would by past that step. Makes sense to me... Since previous C&P says that my hubby says something different then what the decision letter said, I think it was human error when putting the data in to get his rating. Does anyone know what the adverage time the raters has one's C-File before passing it on?
Edited by Aletta

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kelly... My hubby and I don't talk about his VA claim often. It aggravates him so. I can't imagine how any of you Veterans deal with the VA and survive their legal and unlegal run arounds on a daily or even weekly basics. My hat is off to you all. I learn alot by stakling.. I mean reading all your post on different subjects dealing with the VA. I do pass on this knowledge to help others.

Does anyone know what the adverage time the raters has one's C-File before passing it on?

Sorry, there is no true average time.

We just keep waiting.

JMHO

There's an old saying that I learned quite well in my time within the army as I am sure you may have heard as well, The saying is "Hurry Up And Wait". That will be the hardest process in your husbands claim. The C&P sounded very favorable on both fronts but there is no way to know how long your VARO will take to process said C&P Exams. Which RO are you using ? There is a map that shows the Average processing times via a webpage but It may only make your anxiety that much more heightened ...... Good Luck & God Bless You Both. Be sure to keep us posted on your future Success !!! smile.png

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use