Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Momentum Gathering On Top Va Officials Positions Ousters

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

http://washingtonexaminer.com/watchdog-vets-affairs-chairman-miller-calls-for-top-va-officials-ouster/article/2525164

Start calling all of your senators and congressman...... we cannot let this one loose momentum. Enough is enough. Even our President has told the American Public that some changes would be painful. This is one of them. I called Congressmans Jeff Millers office yesterday and spoke with one of his aids. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing is too good for a veteran, so nothing is what he/she gets. I have noticed that all federal retirement/disability claims are in a backlog including civil service and SSA. SSA seems to have the most on the ball. I retired from civil service. I can't even get them on the phone and they refuse to even tell my senator how they computed my retirement annuity. You retire from the post office, for instance, and it takes months to get a full retirement check. My wife sent in her paperwork for SSA and she wont get her first check for six weeks after she turns 62. Now Post Office wants to opt out of federal health care benefit system for current and retirees.

We vets and federal retirees need to get busy and stay active about our benefits. The government on both sides is looking to cut us via the redefined cola or some other scam.

I read the court papers on this today, but had to leave and did not share it at the time. You guys have been on this stuff a lot longer that I have, but won't this illegal act by the VA put all those denials back on the table, or will they just grant awards? And how will this bounce back on us with pending claims? After all, Article 5, egual treatment under the law.

Hello All,

Well Indy,,,,, the VA can pretty much due what it wants to do. It will be the courts that ultimately will decide. I would like to point out that all BVA decisions are only involved with individual awards or denials, or remands. A Veteran is not entitled to PRECENDENT setting at that level of adjudication, until a decision thru the CAVC or Federal Court Registry is decided. Obviously that is in the appeal process and takes lots of time. Even though I do like to use a similiar case to bring up before the VA , it is usually a waste of time until you get higher up the food chain in the courts systems. It may be just as you have brought up....possibly a series of appeals and decisions from the ROs and the BVA, numbering in the thousands and thousands. It will though take lots of time no matter what they do. Many will die waiting for this to get corrected.

ONE IMPORTANT ITEM to watch is SUNDAY AT 9:00 AM on CNN "State of the Union" message.,,,,,It will be Secretary of the VA , Eric Shenseki , FIRST appearance in 4 years. Something BIG is at stake.

I will speculate that he will OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE his stepping down. I would hope that Undersecretary of VBA will be fired that same day or has enough class to step down also. Unfortunately this article is well timed as the end of the week and noone is at work , so our Veterans and their groups only had a 24 hour window to respond to this latest news on VA.

This is the only problem I see with the late announcement of the Sec of VA coming on live.

IF ,,,,,IF he does not step down then Hadit members SHOULD burn up the phone lines of their elected officials and the whitehouse and DEMAND the resignations of these 2 Murderers. There are thousands of deaths because of their direct breaking the law and as Congressman Filner at the VA House Subcommitte hearings in June of 2012 said "Who is responsible???" Madame Hickey said she was.

If our members don't get hot on this one , it will let one of the few chances that comes along to really CAPITALIZE on a real live problem. Well ,,,,let me kinda put it this way ....if he doesn't step down or she doesn't step down then SHAME ON ALL OF US at Hadit.com who now have the truth and know exactly what is at stake. I hope their stepping down will save just one Veteran's life. It is that important to me.

John999 you have alot of experience with the VA just messing with you, cause they can and have. I am so mad at them , because some of our Veterans do not know what they can be capable of doing. They just do not know the TRUTH. Thank you for bringing that up.NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate