Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Backlog: 'we Have A Fix'

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This type of thinking is why we still have a backlog:

http://cheezburger.com/7168121856

Edited by Vync

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

i dont believe we need claims in the political arena. name one program our politicians have started that is not in trouble...

no politicians! just professionals, doctors and lawyers that will be biased and read the facts and render a complete decision and award the veteran the benefit of the doubt when applicable...

• HadIt.com Elder

I am trying to gain support to lobby the government amongst my predominately non-Veteran friends. I haven't been on here for a while because quite frankly I can not take it anymore. I live my life in a haze of opiates. Somehow I make it to work. If I didn't I'd go nuts at home. I was awarded TDIU in 2009 and who knows what they are going to do now. I won my appeal at the U.S. Court in 2011. It's been sitting in Hartford CT RO ever since. The 4 claims go back to 2000. I'm technically 90% per the schedule. I'm about a 20% or so away from 100% on the schedule. I have 4 appeals back to 2000 and 6 from 2008. I have 12 service connections total now.

I won SS benefits in 2009 and gave them back. I just want 100% P&T for my children. They are the ones that have to deal with dad saying no I can't play with you. My wife does everything around the house, lawn mowing, snow removal, etc. She is ready to throw me out after 10 years. I go to work and I come home and get on my ice machine. Work is not easy. I'm in such severe pain at times I can't sit or stand. So I work to not go insane and then I'm drugged up at home and worthless. Don't get me wrong. I'm alive I understand that. It's just 16 years of severe pain and fighting the VA have taken it's toll. The U.S. Court gave me a joint remand saying do it all over again..............At what cost to my sanity?????????

Fix the system and get the claims back to a reasonable turnout.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

i posted the below at the above link too. i feel it fits this thread also. sorry for the double post but:

i read today that our gov wants to insert an alternative inflation measure and apply that to disability payments to nearly 4 million veterans as well as pension payments for an additional 500,000 low-income veterans and surviving families.

i get the issue of the national debt being way out of control and largely due to washington's fiscal irresponsibility. if they want to trim our benefits then Congress needs to take a cut in pay and their health benefits. its only fair. aren't they still sending money overseas to non-friendlies?

i really hope ALL veterans groups rally on this and wake congress TFU.

GO VETERANS!

This AM on Fox News ,Navy Commander John Wells,(RET.) ,who many of you might know as Lawyer,advocate and member of Blue Water Navy VVA, and who has given testimony to the H VAC in the past, questioned what I and many here I am sure, have been silently questioning this entire busy holiday weekend, the so called 279 days it takes for a claim to be decided by the VA.They have been saying this figure even on Headline News I think last week too...

That figure is being bandied about in the media like it is a fact when the reality is some claims (FDCs) for example and other claims that seem relatively easy, might get a decision in 279 days or less but we have claimants in the USA who have waited for YEARS for a resolve.

I wonder why someone doesnt get on the media and tell them that a claim could take 279 days or less, for a DENIAL that has to be fought over with VA for years.

My CUE claim took 8 EIGHT years and my DMII death claim took 6 years because, although the evidence was clearly probative and VA had it all right from the git go, there was no one at my VARO willing to, or literate enough to even read my stuff.

That is 14 years total ,for a claimant, on 2 different issues,and the claims were awarded down the road, so obviously they could have been awarded years sooner,.as the evidence was still probative the day they awarded, as it was the day they got the claims.

Why aren't vets protesting this 279 day BS more ?????

I am emailing Fox News the BVA Annual report.....It reflects not only how many claims need to be appealed (extending that 279 days) but also how many claims have to be remanded for a “Re Do” of what the VA at the RO level didnt do right the first time.

I am appalled at the fact that VA is getting strong media attention on the backlog, at least on some cable channels, and as John said this AM to Fox, he is one of those vets affected by the backlog, and others should get on the bandwagon too with Fox or Headline News to correct this idea that the 'wait time' is 279 days

when it could actually become ,as it did in my CUE claim, at least 2,764 days.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

If anyone is interested:

For Comments, Suggestions and Concerns
Phone: 888-369-4762
E-Mail: yourcomments@foxnews.com

I am sure they will repeat the interview and it is probably at Fox News video.

I sent them a detailed email with a link to the BVA 2012 Report to Congress.

As the BVA report says, a remand ( a Re do.... I told Fox... of what the VA didnt do right in the first place) adds an average of 445 days to the estimated 279 days....

that might be a time frame for a decision that is in fact a DENIAL...... a point the media is failing to get.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.