Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mea Culpas

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

I apologize to Hadit for using their name in my diatribe towards a misinformed medic. Every one of the gentle ladies and men here are a credit to their site for what they do to help Veterans. When someone publishes information knowingly incorrect, I cannot bear to allow it to pass. Criticizing one site can have ugly ramifications for all. That is the gist of my apology. I hope none of you think ill of me for trying to set the record straight. If you wish to view the post -- http://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/more-quackery-from-ye-old-witch-doctor/ No vets were harmed in the writing of the blog-just some egos.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have no problem with it. Without getting too specific, there is a site with self proclaimed experts that appear to be retired VA and spent their time defending them and attacking any who dare challenge. Hope I kept that general enough...

Others feel the same way...

I apologize to Hadit for using their name in my diatribe towards a misinformed medic. Every one of the gentle ladies and men here are a credit to their site for what they do to help Veterans. When someone publishes information knowingly incorrect, I cannot bear to allow it to pass. Criticizing one site can have ugly ramifications for all. That is the gist of my apology. I hope none of you think ill of me for trying to set the record straight. If you wish to view the post -- http://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/more-quackery-from-ye-old-witch-doctor/ No vets were harmed in the writing of the blog-just some egos.

Welp, I went to that ask website and read the post, but could not for the life of me figure out how to register so I could post a simiiar response. Don't even want to start a blog. Don't know how to blog, never learned how to clog, did use to slop the hogs, too old to jog and now I can't find the right cog??? Anyboby on here can tell me how to register so I can reply to asknod's story? Just a little humor in there...

Edited by relpats

• HadIt.com Elder

Is this guy a Hadit Member. If anyone knows, Please let Admin Know. We have a negative tolarence for Fakes and Quacks.

Basser

John, we have had a few posts here from "The Old Medic"..this was his first post here:

But I sure don't know if it is the same guy at the other site..

I have been trying to get a friend of mine to join hadit and I think he too might even use the handle 'old medic' because he was a medic too.And now is an old medic.

Many years ago I caught a faker here by comparing his misspelling of certain words. He had been banned from hadit as a trouble maker and then joined again under a different handle,but his lousy spelling gave him away! He was banned again.

I mentioned to asknod yesterday that this other site banned me years ago because there were some widows there who needed the vast amount of DIC info we have here at hadit and I referred them to my profile ,where I had put the link to hadit .

The Admin vet emailed me that if I made some apology for adding the hadit link to my profile ,then they would un-ban me......words to that affect...

But I emailed back...I liked being banned. My time was better spent solely at hadit anyhow.

Now I see the hadit link is in some other posts there.

Tbird ,to her tremendous credit, has always exemplified the theme of hadit...."Knowledge is Power", and has never prohibited any of us from posting a link to any site that could potentially help a veteran or their dependents, or any of the in-theatre men and women we get here from time to time, beginning the claims process while they are still AD..

I have the feeling our member her isn't this same vet but dont know. An IP origin check might tell.

Edited by Berta

Berta

Welcome to the Elite club of banned VBN members! Asknod, myself, and Berta are all in that elite category. I actually dont deserve to reside with these greats...Berta and Ask Nod are the best of the best in their recognized areas. Berta has supreme understanding of DIC and Vets law, and no one can challenge Ask Nod's knowledge on hep and SC. He reads every single case on hep c and SC..win or lose.

Berta, also, has given many a Vet, including myself, supreme lawyer grade advice for free. I can tell you for sure, I would never want to be either of these adversary, and fortuantely, I dont have to. I consider both my friends.

Put me in the ban Grouped! I like it here!

This was the first site I found and have given me no problems and has helped me and my claims 100% (no pun intended)

I am Stillhere