Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Approved

Rate this topic

coconutvee

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% permanent and total you get a complete property tax exemption in Florida. You have to be P&T. I think those on SSDI can also get the same deal if the are totally and permanently disabled. I would go ahead and ask for the P&T. What they did for me was to review my last years VA medical records which showed no improvement and then awarded the Chapter 35 benefits which is P&T. For the complete property tax exemption you need something in writing saying you are P&T.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I finally got P&T today. It took a whole year, but I got it. I just need to work on SSDI now. Thanks again for all the help and GOD BLESS!!!

Edited by coconutvee

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats!!! Yipee!!!!

When you get your retro you might consider a donation to TBird.

Pete

WOW_ I remember your claim-

You had great evidence and you got a good award!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew-sit back Veteran and try to relax now- many here know how that feels-

and also how hard it is to put down the weapons when it is all over-

and how suddenly you might even get a little depressed --

the battle was won but the battle is over----sometimes hard to accept at first----

when the battle is OVER..............Great News Coconutvee

Berta

After reading that I could still get called for a C&P exam, I called and requested a letter for my Homestead Exemption, I asked since I'm now P&T that if I will be scheduled for any more C&P exams and I was told that yes, they have me scheduled for one in July 2008. Man this crap never ends does it? Here I thought I was good to go. Now I'm really confussed. If I'm P&T now, will I get scheduled like if I was still just 100% without P&T? Also should not be getting an increase in Compensation since I was already rated at 100%. It was just to get P&T status. This entire system sucks!!

Edited by coconutvee

I got the paperwok today. It states that becuase of my hepatitis C I will get re-evaluated. It states that I will get re-evaluated becuase that condition can improve. I have been C positive now since 1990. There is no cure. Now does this open up the window for them to evaluate me for all my conditions? Anyhow I fight like hell to get the P&T and now this?! It is pretty sad that you have to have one foot in the grave and they still give you crap. What a system!

Edited by coconutvee