• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yay! Awarded 70% But Wait....

Rate this topic

chrome_305

My Current SC%
Last Rating Decision was in 2010
Currently awarded Va Non-service pension since Nov 2011
Rating(s)
1. Dysthymic disorder ( Not Service-Connected)
2. Chest wall syndrome, claimed as chest pain, tightness and difficulty breathing (0%)
3. Hearing loss, left ear (Not Service-Connected)
4. Tinnitus, claimed as ringing in the ears ( Not Service-Connected)
5. Residuals of fracture of the left ring finger with pinning, to include post traumatic arthritis with ankylosis of the distal interphalangeal joint (dominant) (0%)
6. rash on chest ( Not Service-Connected)
7. sycosis barbae, claimed as razor bumps of the face (0%)
8. PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) (Not Service-Connected)

======================================================================

*My claims
Date Opened: 6/24/11
Type of claim: Appeal
Est Completion Date:Done
1. PTSD (Reopen)
2. Tinnitus (Reopen)
3. Rash on Chest (Reopen)
4. Hearing Loss, Left Ear (Reopen)
5. Hearing Loss, Right Ear (New)
6. neutropenial leukopenia (New)
7. bilateral pes planus (New)
8. mitral valve (New)
9. thrombocytopenia 2nd to leukippenia (Secondary)
==========================================================================
That you everyone this site is awesome and very helpful. I check ebbenies today and my AB8 showed me rated at 70%, but it also show the pay rate as single. I also check the benefits explorer and it showed 70% on both and P&T. I currently still have a dependency claim thats open but pending decision approval.

The thing I was wondering is what to do next? I have been getting the VA pension since 2011 which would mean I am P&T so shouldn't I be rated at 100% and P&T and not 70%?

I don't have SSI or SSDI. It's been a long battle with the VA. I don't know what was rated what yet. I will keep you guys updated.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on you win! I am not sure with your question hopefully someone has an answer for you. I would say yes on the P&T at 100%

I looked again on e-bennies and went the "file new claim route". I seen that the 70% is for PTSD but all the conditions that were labeled "new , reopen & 2ndary" are shown as not-service connected. I have proof that they are service connected since I have a C&P exam from 2006 that has a diagnosis of " neutropenia and pes plantus" which I also sent the VA. Funny thing is the VA didn't give me an exam for the new conditions.

Congratulations!

After you get the award letter, send in your dependents forms, along with birth certificates, AGAIN. The VA loves to deny dependent claims because you did not send in the stuff TWICE...once when you applied, and again after your award.

Congratulations on you win! I am not sure with your question hopefully someone has an answer for you. I would say yes on the P&T at 100%

ty

Congratulations!

After you get the award letter, send in your dependents forms, along with birth certificates, AGAIN. The VA loves to deny dependent claims because you did not send in the stuff TWICE...once when you applied, and again after your award.

See the thing is I sent the info in 4 times already once by mail,fax ,phone, VA rep. They even closed my dependency claim because it went to wrong department. -_- and reopened it after I called and did a Inquiry.

Can I get SSDI and should I file for TDUI if im not 100%. Im a little confused since I was getting VA pension. I guess happy and nervous :D

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use