VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran With Depression Suffering With Paranoid And Passive Aggressive

Rate this question

Mont36

Question

I am service connected with major depression and have been diagnosed with paranoid and passive aggressive traits form private psychiatrist and paranoia from va doctor with added medicine of risperidone. Does paranoia relate to having hallucination and delusion. I am needing some guidance on this. I am on other medications for major depression with isolation.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Will any of you fellow veterans chime in on this topic that I posted last week. I am trying to get some real help here since I have heard some great stories about this site. I know we are all busy but please help a veteran with this topic. I would greatly appreciate it.

I am service connected with major depression and have been diagnosed with paranoid and passive aggressive traits form private psychiatrist and paranoia from va doctor with added medicine of risperidone.

Does paranoia relate to having hallucination and delusion. I am needing some guidance on this.

I am on other medications for major depression with isolation.

I feel no one has answered because it's pretty much a medical question

versus a claim question and they might not be comfortable in answering.

It might be best to ask your doctor/s.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

I can tell you that being paranoid usually involves delusions and if you are really psychotic hallucinations. When shrinks try and make distinctions between psychotic depression and other psychotic disorders there really is much overlap. If you are having delusions and/or hallucinations you are 100%. You are taking anti-psychotic meds.

John

Yes I am taking meds for this, bupropion, busiprone, and risperidone. These are also causing erectile dysfunction and no sexual desire whatsoever. I am embarrassed to tell wife so it makes matters worse. I am going to ask my private psychiatrist if he thinks my condition will improve or get better as far as depression and anxiety. Any suggestions on how to ask him?

If you want things to get more difficult between you and your wife, just let her think you are no longer interested. Instead, be honest, let her know it is a medicaion or medical issue, not that she has anything to worry about such as you having an affair, or that you no longer find her desirable.Do the right thing my friend, fess up. Nothing can get in the way of the truth as long as it is... the truth.