• donate-be-a-hero.png

My 25 Mo Old Claim Complete 80%

Rate this topic

Cybernick1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the increase... FYI: I work at the VA Hospital in North Chicago and we were told that all the claims from 2010 and 2011 are being expedited. Our medical teams; including comp and pen are working overtime to push these claims through. I don't think they are touching the appeals with a ten foot pole but yes, they are really moving the inital claims from 2010 and 2011 through. Tell everybody you know to start checking ebenefits. Seriously!

I can vouch for that. My claim was filed in july 2011 and suddenly around may or maybe late april it went from gathering evidence to pending notification and just yesterday they sent notification of a provisional decision and deferred my tbi/sensitivity to light claims to gathering evidence as its taking them forever to schedule C&P for those but my ptsd, shoulder impingement and ankle laxity had been done last may.

I will say that the last four phases were almost always met on the earliest date of the estimation even after my claim went back from prep for notification to pending decision approval it still ended up getting decided on and me having notification sent two months BEFORE the earliest estimated completion date so they definitely are working.

Oh and congrats! Always good to see someone else finally get through the process.

Edited by WhyMista

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

"By the time it is done I will be ready to send in another increase probably"

John, you always make excellent and sensible points here.

Although the wait for C & P exams is as bad as the wait for decisions, I bet MANY disabiIlties get far worse then they were, when the claim was filed.

Sure, MANY claims could be done in an HOUR. I fully agree with you on that.

Berta, you are so right! I submitted my NOD and waited well over a year as my condition got worse. Before switching VSO's, the former rep told me they would need to do a new C&P to see how bad I am now, which would add to the delay.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use