VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Appointment For Veterans Hospital Patient? Help!

Rate this question

bluevet

Question

I received a QTC appointment today for my bi-polar claim. I am a current outpatient at my local Veterans Medical Center. Is it normal for the VA to order a QTC for a current VA patient? Isn't all the info they need in my VA medical records? I am worried after hearing all the horror stories regarding QTC.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes it is normal. QTC helps when the VA hospital is backed up

J

Yes, but why do I need this exam when the VA has all of my records, dating back 6 years? What can they get out of a 1 hour exam by a doctor I've never seen before when I am seeing a VA Psychiatrist every month?

Not sure why you are worried about QTC? They have actually done a better job on my claims than I can imagine the VAHC could do. The local hospital I go to is hit or miss on any kind of care you get except dental. But even dental they kind of hold back!

If you need or want an implant it will take a year to go through the process! But it went OK and I didn't get charged!

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

The RO will send the records to the examiner. Dont sweat the small stuff. They may have just did you a favor.

J

Another point I was seeing a VA shrink and Vet counselor before I ever had a C&P by QTC sounds to me like normal situation. Do you already have a DX by the VA medical team?

• HadIt.com Elder

I received a QTC appointment today for my bi-polar claim. I am a current outpatient at my local Veterans Medical Center. Is it normal for the VA to order a QTC for a current VA patient? Isn't all the info they need in my VA medical records? I am worried after hearing all the horror stories regarding QTC.

The VA often calls for C&P's, even when the medical evidence is sufficient.