Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Tdiu Rules Just Released June17, 2013 A Must Read

Rate this question

hendi

Question

If you are waiting for a decision for new or increase in benefits, that would make you eligible for TDIU. You must read the latest training letter put out 6-17-2013. This is the link to the letter: http://www.scribd.com/doc/148923612/FL13-013-001 They are just trying to make it harder on the vets to qualify for TDIU. If you get informed you have a fighting chance.

If you are having problems with the above link go to Jim Strickland's website: www.vawatchdog.org It is on the home page

Only service connected disabilities can be used in an award for TDIU. If it's not service connected and you list it then it's very possible that the VA could say that's the disability that makes you unemployable and deny your TDIU.

well we will see what they do. I cannot lie and tell them my back isnt what is disabling, me. the fact that they are incompetent and wrongfully denied me, is beyond my control. Im not going to start lying and overstating my other issues, to get disability for what im not disabled for. If you have been tracking my back condition, you know that my condition was either caused by, or at the very very least aggravated on active duty, yet they have denied me twice. Im not going easy this time. I will take it to the top if need be, because either they are wrong, or everybody and thier brother that ive spoken with is wrong, to include the dav, lawyers, other vets, people on here, people on other sites ect.. I guess im challenging them and by not even acknowledging thier denial, basically telling them to F off, and im not playing by thier fraudulent ways. My life did not stop. Just because the va has created this backlog, my life goes on. The fact that they wrongfully denied me, isnt going to make me change my contentions. Im going to keep fighting, and anything that is a result, of my contentions will be filed, just as if they had already been won.

And strategically the fact that I listed 3 contentions, still leaves 2 that ARE currently service connected. so how will they deal with that.

will they say the other 2 dont count because you listed one that you are connected for? me thinks not.

Im going to put them in the pickle they created themselves, by saying you have to identify, the disabilities that disable you, and keep you from working, well they got it....

Another ace in the hole that I just found regarding my ongoing back problems, I found a doctors note of me complaining of back pain, shortly after my kidney surgery,(I had forgot abt, still grogy after morphine and anestesia, ... because they twist you like a pretzel to get different angles to get the kidney out, or they have to remove a rib if they cant get to it. If all else fails, aggravation of my injury due to the service connected surgery would get me service connected. they put you on a table that twists in all kinds of contorted positions. When you are out in never never land because of anestesia, and they are bending you like a pretzel, you cant SCREAM OUT, STOP ,that hurts like hell.!!!!! Because you are out. and u arent feeling the pain,, so ever since surgery, my back has been even worse than it was before surgery. My wife said after surgery , I complained alot abt my back, in recovery, I just dont remember much.

So its going to happen,...... they will service connect me for my back, when is the question.

Just because they do surgery to fix something, doesnt mean it gives them liscense to aggravate and damage other things, and thats what they did

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not SC for your back disability, and you tell the VA that is the reason you are IU then you are going to lose. You want to take it to the top? Are you prepared to wait 8 years? I have taken it to the top. It took about 8 years to get there. If you are sure in yourself that military caused you to be IU then get it any legal way you can. Don't start saying what you will or will not do to get TDIU or 100%. That is all rubbish and will just get you to skid row quickly. You are 60% now. Is one of your disabilities at least 40%? Go with what you have or prepare to wait. Do you really need the TDIU money? You moral questions mean nothing to the VA and they will shot you just like an 8 ball into the denied pocket. You must play by their rules and use their rules for your own gain or you lose!

John

well ive been losing since 1996 so its not like they are having a great epihany, and will change, they made me a whipping boy in 1996, and ive been fighting them ever since. I do see your point though,. . They do not play fair, and it creates a system whereas it makes the veteran, have to play thier game, and the one who can stack the most evidence in thier favor, wins. The veterans word means nothing.

That must change.