VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dumb Geek Question

Berta

Thanks Broncovet......I might look into that mobile hotspot.I am a AT&T customer too,.

Luckily the local library (which isn't too far away but has unusual hours) has an exercise class I am in and after the class I figured I can always use one of their PCs, to get to my amazon account to download any books I buy, to my Kindle, because the library hot spot pops right up with a few other ones as soon as I open my Kindle there.

I could also download the books from the Whispercloud amazon thing too directly to my PC and then to the Kindle but have not tried that yet.

My daughter bought me this Kindle for Mothers Day for the VA Chapel and my Church , so I can change the font bigger then regular bible and also control the lighting....our evening services are not well lite. and I was shocked to get the entire NASB Bible downloaded via the hot spot in mere seconds to the Kindle.

Any books downloaded to Kindle are there forever, so ,in that respect , the Kindle is fabulous.and it goes with me everywhere, doctors office,church, even when I need to wait in my car for a friend I take shopping sometimes.

My Cell usually works well but I found that my main ViTech phone can conflict with it if I try to dial while too close to the main ViTech phone set up.

Thank you for this info!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so frustrated that my satellitte connection was down since Wednesday , I started to consider Dial up and realized my Acer Tower has no phone plug in thing at all in the areas where the perpheral things are. The long other black thing that holds all the PC,Modem and printer and other plugs for doodads has 2 phone access things but they didnt work.....

then AOL connection icon said I have to add a dialer device.......

did they mean plug the phone line in somewhere,like in the olden days, or is 'dialer device' some sort of program?

I HATE dial up so I am kinda glad it didnt work anyhow.

Maybe with the external modem, I cant use dial up at all........

I guess my question is I have Acer PC circa maybe 2009, am I missing a phone line thing on the front or the back of the Acer tower I have?

My fax worked last time I checked with phone line to printer.

Hi Berta, I've been reading your post for a while. I think you are AWESOME!!! I don't know how to contact you. I Desperately need your help with an Outrageous CUE & EED! I'd love posting my situation in hopes it will assist other unjustly denied Vets. Hope to hear from you soon as time is not on my side.

Hi Berta, I've been reading your post for a while. I think you are AWESOME!!! I don't know how to contact you. I Desperately need your help with an Outrageous CUE & EED! I'd love posting my situation in hopes it will assist other unjustly denied Vets. Hope to hear from you soon as time is not on my side.

There is no way for you to contact Berta directly, after doing that for years

she wised up and stopped - nothing personal to you.

Post your questions and info such as all of and what exactly is stated in the rating decision's

Reason's and Bases Section - and the date of that decision,

minus personal info like name, claim #, address etc . . .

Also post exactly what you feel the CUE is - what 38 USC law or 38 CFR reg - was broken.

Many, many, many times - what looks clearly to be a CUE - is not.

• Founder

Thanks Broncovet......I might look into that mobile hotspot.I am a AT&T customer too,.

Luckily the local library (which isn't too far away but has unusual hours) has an exercise class I am in and after the class I figured I can always use one of their PCs, to get to my amazon account to download any books I buy, to my Kindle, because the library hot spot pops right up with a few other ones as soon as I open my Kindle there.

I could also download the books from the Whispercloud amazon thing too directly to my PC and then to the Kindle but have not tried that yet.

My daughter bought me this Kindle for Mothers Day for the VA Chapel and my Church , so I can change the font bigger then regular bible and also control the lighting....our evening services are not well lite. and I was shocked to get the entire NASB Bible downloaded via the hot spot in mere seconds to the Kindle.

Any books downloaded to Kindle are there forever, so ,in that respect , the Kindle is fabulous.and it goes with me everywhere, doctors office,church, even when I need to wait in my car for a friend I take shopping sometimes.

My Cell usually works well but I found that my main ViTech phone can conflict with it if I try to dial while too close to the main ViTech phone set up.

Thank you for this info!

Berta I love my kindle also, books, magazines all in an easy to carry little tablet. It's a life saver for long waits, I also enjoy the immersive reading you get the kindle book and the audiobook and as the audiobook reads to you the kindle book follows along. I find this works best when I am trying to absorb information.