• donate-be-a-hero.png

Str Review

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 07/30/2013

Claim Type: Authorization Review

Estimated Claim Completion Date: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Contentions: STR Review (New)

Does anyone know what this is about it pop up on ebenies today. I have a pending dependency claim and a freedom of information act claim that is also pending. The dependency claim was been there since jan of 2013 the foia is new. The STR review I have no idea but I think it connected to the foia . Does anyone know.....

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Authorization review sounds like a decision was made and the VSR has imput the results and has written the notification letter and sent it on to authorization for a final signature. Authojrization reviews the decision and notification letter, and signs off on the award. They review the narrative and any award if there is an award. Authorization occurs with or without an award. A denial would just be the review of the decision and the denial letter. Either way it sounds like finalizing a decision is in the works. (dependency claims also go through a narrative and award process if there is a grant of benefits) so this could be a claim for service connection or award of dependency) , I don't beleive it would track your FOIA request through Authorization, unless ebennies is more screwed up than I think.

The new claim sounds like they scanned your request for copy of records (foia) into ebennies and it is considered a new claim. (Its's taking about 4 to 6 months for copies of c-files at our RO, that is unless it is 100% in the paperless system VBMS, and then I don't have any idea how long they haven't sent out any info on that to us yet.

Edited by harleyman

Harleyman thanks for the info;

I was thinking since contentions were listed as STR review that this was the RO accessing my service treatment records for the FOIA is this possible????. I can tell you two thing that I am sure of 1. I am very thankful for your reply and 2. I hope you are right.

I now have no idea butmI am leaning towards this just being the RO accessing my STRs as I have seen zero movement on it.

It's been a while since you posted your original post. If a decision had been decided on your dependency claim ( which is what I thought was happening at the time of your post), it wuld have been completed by now. Since so much time has gone by I don't know what to think. "STR review" is just a generic statement, and really doesn't tell me much. Are there any other things listed in eBenefits, like "pending authorization", or "pending decision review"?

Does your eBeneftis list VBMS as a contension (claimed condition)?

I have a gut feeling your claims are being worked in the old system, but the "new" claim and the "FOIA" claim were scanned into VBMS (paperless) system. It's not a bad thing, but if this is the case, it will be harder the tell what is happening, as I think your case is being worked in multiple systems, as are the majority of claims cases right now.

Some Regional Offices have more cases in the paperless system than others, so a lot depends on when a specific Regional Office went on-liine to work as paperless, and that directly reflects whether Ebenefits is accurate or not. If there is a bit more information we might be able to tell more of what is happening with your claim.

Edited by harleyman