• donate-be-a-hero.png

Str Review

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 07/30/2013

Claim Type: Authorization Review

Estimated Claim Completion Date: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Contentions: STR Review (New)

Does anyone know what this is about it pop up on ebenies today. I have a pending dependency claim and a freedom of information act claim that is also pending. The dependency claim was been there since jan of 2013 the foia is new. The STR review I have no idea but I think it connected to the foia . Does anyone know.....

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Harleyman I see no VBMS I have 3 thing pending at this time.

1. Claim Received: 01/22/2013

Claim Type: Dependency

Original Estimated Claim Completion Date: The estimated completion date of 07/07/2013 is past due (Learn more) (still in claim received.)

2. Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 07/23/2013

Claim Type: Freedom of Information Act / Privacy Act Request

Estimated Claim Completion Date: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Contentions: FOIA, George M Booth (New) ( in under review)

3. Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 07/30/2013

Claim Type: Authorization Review

Estimated Claim Completion Date: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Contentions: STR Review (New) ( in under review.)

Harleyman thanks for your reply, I really enjoy learning this stuff.

Well my FOIA that was only about a month and some change old cleared today Ebinnies satiates that a decision notification was sent. My RO cleared to is fast I am wondering if I will get a copy of my STRS and C-file as I requested or a notice telling me why they can't provide them. I was told a few years ago by archives that my STR were missing they even showed me paperwork from my last base reporting they were lost.

However since fileing for compensation the VA has sworn up and down they have them since I filed for compensation how ever when I showed up to my C&P only my dentist records were present. This however worked to my favor as I brought all the records I had, the RO pissed the doc off he actually went on a DOD website and print what he could find off the site.

This leaves my decency claim and mysterious STR review/authorization review left.

the claim for the first issue is;

#1. your dependency suspense is (was) for 7/13. Is now past due, it will start showing up on someones work VOR report, and they will be assigned to work the claim. I don't know how long it will take but it is an EP 130 without a claim that requires a rating decision, so it will be worked by the NON rating team. Thier claims move pretty fast.

#2. Is your copy of records request which sound like it was completed, watch for an envelope or box for records. Won't take too long. The work order stills needs to be signed off by a supervisor before it gets mailed.

#3. I am still working on this. Authorization reveiw is the END Product given when a decision or the file needs review for evidence that may have been received at the Regional office but was not "married" with your file prior to making a rating decision. Then the decision and the new evidence would have to be reviewed to determine if the evidence would a made a difference in the rating decision. If yes a new decision is made if no then the EP for review will be closed. Did you send in evidence just prior to getting a rating decision? The other times the authorization review might be established is, if their is a CUE issue or an issue that is raised by the Service Organization. Whatever the reason they are reviewing your file and they are indicating STRs. So maybe some unsolicited STRs came in that need to be reviewed.(this does happen and if this is the case it could change past rating decisions). I would call the 800# or send an IRIS and ask what the reason is for an authorzation review for STRs, and see what they say.

Let me know if any of these things may ring true.- Harleyman

Harleyman thanks for the reply, and the time you have spent to this point helping me further understand this process.

1. No I did not send anything in since or right before my claim.

2. To my knowledge there is no cue or any other disagreement filed with my RO.

I really don't think they used my STR in there decision, I had pieces of it, every contention that I claim that I had records for they connected the 3 I did not they denied.

In years past I have FOIA them for a copy of my STRs, this was when I was still building my initial claim all they sent me was dental records saying that's all they could find. When I showed up for my C&P I asked the Doc if he got to review my records he showed me what the RO sent it was the same dental records that they had sent me.

The Doc printed some of my records he found on a DOD sight plus I provided to him a copy of what I had. The 3 issues that I did not have records for they did not even ask for a DBQ for them or I could have probably got the DOC to print them also.

Maybe this is positive and they found my STRs I know for fact that the 3 contentions that they denied were all over my STR but I did not have that portion of my records.

But no matter what I will not let it keep me up at night as I know my intial rateing of 70 was built on pretty soild records as I was med borded in the Air Force. I will take your advice and send them an IRIS on the issue.

Also this review showed up about six days after my FOIA in which I was requesting a copy of my STRs and C-file. Althought I think they are to busy for this but is it possible they seen my FOIA and decided to review my record to see if there was a CUE as I assume they now why you request them to begin with.

All soo they pyramided GEERD, IBS, And Hiatal Hernia at 30%, but I thinks that's allowed from my knowledge.

I will official stop racking my brain now, thanks for your time.