• donate-be-a-hero.png

Str Review

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 07/30/2013

Claim Type: Authorization Review

Estimated Claim Completion Date: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim Contentions: STR Review (New)

Does anyone know what this is about it pop up on ebenies today. I have a pending dependency claim and a freedom of information act claim that is also pending. The dependency claim was been there since jan of 2013 the foia is new. The STR review I have no idea but I think it connected to the foia . Does anyone know.....

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Harleyman you were right I spoke to soon the letter on top only said a complete copy of C-file. However in my c-file were 2 inter office emails that had the email address blacked out. Someone at my RO was asking were my STR was located the response was the time and date that my STR was forwarded to the persons work station.

Also on the issue of the of the 3 denials I believe I found the records needed to make a secesfull NOD/CUE not sure which I still need to research.

GAD/Depression, I found a few records stating that I was showing symptoms of major depression and GAD and that the Doc was recommending I be removed from PRP (taking my access to firearms away) until I seen mental health, letter from metal health stating that I showed sings of Major Depression and GAD but by the time I received concluding 3 weeks later the symptoms were in remission.

Also records showing that I asked if I could take leave while I was dealing with this but was denied. What really happened was the mental helth Doc basically said if I diagnose you with this your career is over before it starts, he then walked me and my records back to the Docs and told him I was clear for duty, which at that point I did not mind because while I was not working I was made as an NCO to wake up everyday at 430 am workout clean the squadron and work 6 days a week. So because of this fiasco I never went to a Doctor again and still have problems doing so.

Bilateral flat foot. I could not find planterfaciatis in the CFR and went with flat foot, but i did find some records that support planterfaciatis not sure how to correct my error?

Fibromyalgia, found a letter from my Doc to my Commander explaining what the condition was and that I was not faking, also explained to him that another Doc who's was a Full Bird had cleared me to take an antidepressant for it and keep on PRP because it was not being taking for depression. My Commanded in turn wrote a letter to my MED bord recommending that I be medically retired as I was a danger to myself and others because I was so tired and districted by my condtion, he did also state I was trying very hard to over come my issues and have not missed a day of work.

Also found the reports of the bulges in my c-4,5,7

So Harleyman what are your thoughts on what my next move is my year mark is uo in November do I file a nod,cue or something I haven't heard of yet?????

I did do an IRIS inquiry asking about the STR review/ Authorization Request it been about a week no answer as of yet.

Should I wait for this STR review to be completed and see if they are Cueing themselves......?????

Harleyman what do you think would be the way to go on getting them to reconsider the issues that they denied me as I have found records that pertained to all in my STR. I was denied fibro, flat foot, bulged disk in neck. And GAD/Major depressive disorder on the Grounds that there were no evidence of an in service occurrence in STR.

Edited by WVSERVER