Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Permanent And Total Tdiu

Rate this topic

westcoastlv

JBasser, I do plan on seeking some secondary conditions as a result of the medicines taken for the current SC'd conditions. From everything I've read, a 100% mental SC basically means hospitalization in an institution or at least being declared incompetent. Not what I want. Even if the additional claimed items end up being 0%, at least they will be recognized by the VA as secondary service connected. If in fact my death is a result of these secondary conditions (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gerd) then the DIC should be available. I also plan on pursuing what is currently known as Gulf War Syndrome, but I still need to do a lot more research about that because the VA is not officially recognizing this like it is Agent Orange (and we all know how long that took). All of my secondary conditions did not begin until the treatment for PTSD by the VA and are well documented in my medical records. I sort of feel like there are so many veterans that need attention, I don't want to throw my hat back in the ring just yet. I don't want to pursue 100% for ptsd and open myself up for action to reduce because someone isn't doing their job properly.

Oh, and P.S. to all of you that use MyHealthyVet to communicate with you doctor(s). Be careful what you write in the emails in Secure Messaging because they do become part of your medical record. If you access the Blue Button, you can read all of the doctor's notes from previous visits, and that's where you will find copies of all of the emails you send to your doctor. I use Secure Messaging to remind my doctor of prescription refills and sometimes ask questions about medicine side effects. As a rule of thumb, I have learned that any interaction with the VA will either hurt or help your claim, and it all depends on what you do and say.

Nobody works for you like you.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

If you feel a let down that is natural. After being vigilante for several years there sometimes can be a depression regarless of the benefits. This will pass.

Retro deposited today. Hurray!!!! Not what I calculated, but I will have to wait for the official letter to see what's what! Now it's real. Id cards already, money in the bank, ChampVA app filled out. Life is good.

Congrats, I know the feeing. Good for you, it still doesn't feel like it's happing Right? But, it's real Buddy, so go out and enjoy a well deserved dinner with the family. Remember this, you deserve every red cent you got from the VA.

Thank you so much for your service brother.

Westcoastlv if you live in the California area and have problems getting your SS, get a law firm called Bender and Bender, it's a good law firm, and they helped me get my SSN within 1 year and after being denied once by social security administration.

Edited by aggie54

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use