• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Permanent And Total Tdiu

Rate this topic

westcoastlv

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aggie 54, you need to watch yourself while pursing your 9-11 college benefits. if you obtain a degree, the social security administration will deem you employable, then it's extremely possible that you will lose your social security award. I've worked with 3 vets recently that this has happened to. They went through the voc rehab program and after receiving their degree, the ssa stopped their award. FYI Brother, FYI

meghp0405, thanks for the info, but, the benefits that I'm using are not through Voc rehab. I'm using my post 9-11 which is of course a benefit I earned because of my service, and I don't believe that, that will have an impact with the social security people, actually they said I can still work but, I can't earn more than $1000 or the difference will be deducted from my social security benefits. Actually, I won't be able to finish my BS because I only have 10 months left of benefits under Post 9-11, and I will be short 1 1/2 years short from the degree, and I don't plan on continuing because I would have to use voc rehab and I don't want the headache.

Thanks for the heads up brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use