Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused About Ebenefits/documents/letters

Rate this question

SecondChance

Question

I have a question. I submitted a paper claim to the VA with one issue....PTSD/MST. I have a date of claim of 2/11/2013. I went for a C&P exam in July of 2013. Ebenefits just updated and now says in the preparation for decision. Here are my questions.

1. My AB7 letter is blank. It has my name and everything, but it has always been blank about dates. When does that update?

2. I usually send all my documents via snail mail, but I sent my private doctor docs via the uplaod feature on ebenefits and printed out the screen. I got nervous and sent them snail mail. I know they have not gotten the paper copies yet. My question is that on ebenefits it says They requested infor from me but they never recieved it and that the item was closed. But they "closed" it in 9 days. Did they get the uploaded docs from ebenefits or are they going to decide my claim before they get the docs?

3. I keep reading about an AB8 and AB$ letter. What are those? SHould I have them? When will I get them?

4. How long does the Prep for decision stage last? My claim is in St. Paul MN.

5. I sent an inquiry to IRIS on 8/1 and it is now 8/11 with no reponse, should I assume IRIS is pointless?

6. I tried calling the VA and the person I spoke to literraly said "I dont know what ebenefits is, you might want to write us" I was jaw dropped and appalled. Really VA. REALLY?

If anyone can answer these for me that would help me a lot. I have been told that MST claims are different then regular PTSD claims, but isnt the process the same.

Also, I got a copy of my CP exam and that "doc" put me at 30% but my private doctor, who I have seen for a very long time, filled out the form and put me at 70%. Will the VA ignore my doc and only listen to the VA doctor?

For me, I just need someone to tell me something solid or semi solid. I know each RO is different but the standard shouldn't change right. Thanks for all of your help.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"VA employees DO NOT USE Ebenefits, this programs pulls "select" information the VA is allowing Veterans to see."

That statement is not completely true. VA Employees must input information and/or toggle and approve the information to be shown.

MY VARO is really bad about doing this in a prompt and correct manner. Earlier infor has often overwritten later info, for just one example.

Chuck- said: That statement is not completely true. VA Employees must input information and/or toggle and approve the information to be shown.

MY VARO is really bad about doing this in a prompt and correct manner. Earlier infor has often overwritten later info, for just one example.

VA Employees do not use Ebenefits. Ebenefits, pulls information form other programs. We do not use it nor do we toggle back an forth to it. This program was written exclusively for Veteran's. We don't even really know how it works as we have had no training on the program.

Of course it is pulling information from other programss we use, but we do not know for sure everything about the ebenefits program. We have learned some from the Veteran we talk to on the phone and what is here on the Forum, we can guess where it gets some of the information, but we do not go into ebenefits and update or add in that program to work the Veteran's claim.

Just telling it like it is.-don't kill the messenger

Edited by harleyman

Usually (can I use that word when discussing the VA?)

Jim,

Oh hell no - you are seasoned and know better.

The two words "Usually" and "VA" just do not fit nor go together, especially in the same sentence : - )

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

When I went to my CP exam, the "doctor (I use that term loosly) was down right degrading. He stated a few times that my "issue" could have been avoided if I didn't join the military so I shouldn't be looking for compensation.

The examiner sounds like he was being a real azz.

Perhaps he was testing you for any violent tendencies -

fortunately, I was not there !

Yes - I've heard of several C&P examiners like this, they think they have the right

to help play gatekeeper. They do not, but their exam carries alot of weight in the

claims process.

All VAMC healthcare does not stoop to this level. It, to me, is not that much different

than health care in the private sector - some excellent, some good and some is just

plain lousy.

Some may actually be lethal !

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hello All!

So here is the story. I had a claim and it was complete on 8/12/13. Good deal right. So that claim, which was for PTSD/MST now shows in historical claims. The confusing part is that now there is a claim for "aquired psych condition to include but not limited to PTSD". Opened on 8/13/2013. I am confused. My original Claim was submitted on 2/2013 and that was the only claim I had ever filed. It is currentl in the "under review" stage. I did not send them any evidence about anything else but for the MST claim. I am not sure what this is all about. It is not for my dependents or anything else. It says "compensation." Should I clal the VA and stop this claim?

I won my original claim and I am happy with the rating. I am not aure what this new claim is.

please help!