Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Health C&p Results, Any Opinions Appreciated.

Rate this question

jeffs17

Question

1. Diagnosis

a. Does the veteran now have or has he/she ever been diagnosed with a mental

disorder(s)?

[X] Yes

Diagnosis #1: Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent, Moderate

Indicate the Axis category:

[X] Axis 1

Diagnosis #2: Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Indicate the Axis category:

[X] Axis 1

b. Axis III - medical diagnosis: Pain (shoulder, wrist, knee)

c. Axis IV- Psychosocial and Environmental Problems:

Financial stress, medical problems

d. Axis V - Current global assessment of functioning (GAF) score: 45

2. Differentiations of symptoms

-----------------------------------------------

a. Does the veteran have more than one mental disorder diagnosed?

[X] Yes

b. Is it possible to differentiate what symptoms(s) is/are attributable to

each diagnosis?

[X] Yes

There is some symptom overlap between depression and anxiety.

3. Occupational and social impairment

------------------------------------------------------

a. Which of the following best summarizes the Veteran's level of occupational and social impairment in regards to all mental

diagnoses?

[X} Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking

and/or mood.

The Veteran's functional impairments are believed to be the result of the cumulative effects of both mental health conditions.

Also both conditions developed in response to the physical limitations associated with the Veteran's medical problems(wrist, shoulder

knee injuries.)

For VA rating purposes, check all symptoms that apply to Veteran's diagnosis:

[X} Depressed mood

[X] Anxiety

[X] Suspiciousness

[X] Panic attacks more than once a week

[X] Chronic sleep impairment

[X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recent events.

[X] Disturbances of motivation and mood

[X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

[X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or work like setting

[X] Suicidal ideation

5. Competency

------------------------

Is the Veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs?

[X] Yes

Based on all the evidence available it is my opinion that the Veteran's symptoms are at least likely as not (50% or greater probability)

due to or the result of his service connected right shoulder and multiple left/hand wrist fractures. Specifically, the Veteran's symptoms

are believed to be the direct result of the physical limitations related to his medical conditions. His initial depression and anxiety regarding this fact has progressed over time as his injury is not yet repaired and he has been out of work over a year. It is believed that

both the Major Depressive Disorder and the Generalized Anxiety Disorder are contributing equally to moderate to severe impairments

in the Veteran's social and occupational functioning. Although he is not currently working, it is believed that his depressed mood and

anxiety would make it unlikely that he would be able to work reliably and efficiently in either a physical or sedentary job at this time.

The Veteran began receiving treatment for anxiety and depression in January 2013. With additional treatment he may see symptom reduction and a increase in functioning , however, at this time his symptoms remain moderate to severe and have drastically reduced this Veteran's quality of life.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I had an C&P done on the 12th of this month for TDIU. I called to speak with someone in the Release of information office and she said the doctor who did my mental health C&P hadn't signed it yet. What's your opinion on why he's holding onto it. All the notes from the other C&P exams performed that day are on my health vet butlike I said previously, the one for MH isn't.

I still have to wait for treatment records from my private ortho doc for my knee then I guess it will go to the rater, so still waiting, tinker as far as why your c&p is not released yet who knows, somebody with more knowledge then me will chime in hopefully.

jeff

• HadIt.com Elder

This claim shows that a vet can get a MH rating for something besides PTSD. Not every vet has PTSD but depression and anxiety by themselves and make a vet 100% or TDIU. If your SMR's support in any way a different DX than PTSD go with what is documented.

Jeff, my C&P for PTSD had almost the exact same comments. I was rated 70% and they initiated a TDIU claim for me. The TDIU claim only took about 3 months, I think.

Good luck, friend.

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.