VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request For C-File Treated As A Claim

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I requested a copy of my C-File several times and was totally ignored. This time (about 3 months ago) they jumped all over it. They treated it as a claim. Even had it on E-Benifits as a claim. Opened and closed in 3 or 4 months makes their numbers look good. I call it cheating. They also cheat by arbitrarily denying claims when they get old and put the Vet on the treadmill. A request for a C-File is NOT a claim.

The tracking or claim does not go to the whole. They have to monitor timeliness somehow on FOIA request. The tracking is under a nonrating end product. Totally separate than a claim. Claims are either 110, 010, 020 ( and a couple of others but for example reasons this should suffice). FOIA is a 501 end product. Again does not count on the rating end products so it won't skew the numbers. Just like a dependency claim is a 130 end product a non rating end product. That is why the va is taking forever on them because it doesn't affect there numbers or rating end products. Jmho

The VA does get credit for a denpendecy EP 130- because there is an Award involved but it does NOT require a rating decision. The VA gets credit for all the work it does it is like T8r said, it is tracked under a specific traking code called an End Product (EP) with a 3 digit number following the EP.

This allows everyone to know what is going on with your case by lookin at the VOR report. This report list all pending EPs for all claims within certain dearch criteria. The report tells them your name, file number, how old the claim is, location of the claims file, and more.

At our RO we do not generally stop everything to send your file to the FOIA team for copying. Once all action is complete it goes, or once there is a break in waiting for evidence it goes. There is usually about a 4 to 6 month wait for copying files.As we go papaerless it will be easy to get copies as you will be able to print them yourself through eBenefits. (hopefully).

I requested a copy of my C-File several times and was totally ignored. This time (about 3 months ago) they jumped all over it. They treated it as a claim. Even had it on E-Benifits as a claim. Opened and closed in 3 or 4 months makes their numbers look good. I call it cheating. They also cheat by arbitrarily denying claims when they get old and put the Vet on the treadmill. A request for a C-File is NOT a claim.

Same thing happened to me, then bumped my claim date up another year to get the c-file!

The tracking or claim does not go to the whole. They have to monitor timeliness somehow on FOIA request. The tracking is under a nonrating end product. Totally separate than a claim. Claims are either 110, 010, 020 ( and a couple of others but for example reasons this should suffice). FOIA is a 501 end product. Again does not count on the rating end products so it won't skew the numbers. Just like a dependency claim is a 130 end product a non rating end product. That is why the va is taking forever on them because it doesn't affect there numbers or rating end products. Jmho

Tr8, Thanks but,

I got like about 4% of that!............English is a tough language.......Keep trying.

Sorry. Harleyman is much better at translating va jargon. It means FOIA doesn't cushion va numbers. Totally different area just like dependency claims. I apologize.