Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Maybe An Altenative To Cpap

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

http://www.smarterlifestyles.com/2011/05/27/how-you-can-get-a-good-night%E2%80%99s-sleep-2/?fc_id=57008&fc_app_id=6799&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.investopedia.com%2Fslide-show%2Frichest-women%2F%3Futm_campaign%3Dinv-tbl-pfs-012813%26utm_source%3Dtbl%26utm_medium%3Dcpc%26utm_content%3Dadg-na_adv-na_mtp-na_adc-con_adf-mix_ptp-cp_geo-na

You’re probably wondering how this oral appliance helps. In normal sleep , air enters your mouth and nose freely flowing to your lungs, heart, brain and other vital organs. However, if you have sleep apnea or snore, the muscles in the back of your throat collapse while you sleep thus obstructing air flow to your lungs. The oral appliance repositions your lower jaw forward clearing your air passage allowing air to freely flow to your lungs thus eliminating the cause of sleep apnea and snoring and their dangerous side effects.

Although sleep apnea and snoring can be both irritating and dangerous; now it’s easy to resolve! American Sleep Association’s board certified doctors and dentists will fit you with a custom oral appliance, all from the comfort of your own home. Simply receive your American Sleep Association Kit, take an impression of your teeth with the supplied product, mail it to their dentists in the prepaid envelope, and your custom appliance will be back to you within a week. As an FDA approved product, the Department of Health has reported that 80 percent of current CPAP users prefer the American Sleep Association’s oral appliance over CPAPs. If that’s not enough, over 100 universities have clinically proven that the oral appliance helps to reduce or eliminate sleep apnea.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• 1 month later...

Just remember they may cut your rateing if you are not useing your CPAP. Its 50 percent with a CPAP

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

I bought the ASA Kit. They produce a cheap and worthless product. If you go to dentist medicare will pay $800. The dentist wants $2500. Do the math.

John

• 1 year later...

The VA dentist hooked me up with an appliance and I greatly prefer it over the CPAP! Not being tethered to that stupid machine is the best thing ever!

Stretch,

My ENT has the oral appliance available for his patients but he does not recommend it for OSA patients with moderate or severe OSA. He stated he is not aware of any insurance that will pay for the oral appliance and the patient would have a $2500.00 out of pocket cost for the device. He also told me that most patients with mild OSA who use the device eventually have to go back to CPAP or choose another alternative once their OSA becomes more severe.

I have severe OSA and I had another sleep study in December and my results were RDI-54 per hour, AHI-52 per hour and LSAT-62%. After the sleep study, my ENT did a CT exam and thoroughly checked my airways due to his concern that my oxygen levels were dangerously low during sleep. Based on his recommendation, I had UPPP surgery and nasal surgery last month to open up my airways so I can breathe better and to prepare me for another alternative to CPAP called the Inspire System where they will implant a device in my chest which will keep my airways open at night while I sleep. The device is similar in size to a pacemaker and controlled by a remote control which is turned on at bedtime and turned off when you wake up. This system is the latest technology you will find as an alternative to the CPAP. John 999 is the Hadit member who provided me with the info on this new system. John is currently using the Inspire System and I would suggest contacting him if you have any questions. You can also go to the Inspire System website for info.

Georgiapapa.