Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got An Apt For Mental Health C&p

Rate this question

Radio_Dog

Question

My original claim was filed back in Oct. 2011 and I am just now scheduled for my first PTSD C&P exam with MSLA clinic here in Los Angles, CA. I have been going to one on one therapy with my VA pshy every Friday and I am on medication so my VA bill is constanly growing. I'm just excited and nervous to fianlly have my C&P exam and hope/pray the wait is soon to end. To everyone out there waiting on their claims, keep the faith and get help, your day will come.

Edited by Radio_Dog

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

did you go through a med board? were you medically discharged? As of 2008, any active duty military personnel that is med boarded for any type of mental health type condition will be granted a minimum of 50%. That's a possibility of the 50% that your C/P examiner saw.

The state of California is the last state where I would want my claim. They are taking up to 2-3 years for C/P exam and up to 4 years for a veteran to receive a rating decision. it's a mad house out there!

Once again, it not being the fault of the veteran, but it's the veteran that suffers..as always...

"The state of California is the last state where I would want my claim. They are taking up to 2-3 years for C/P exam and up to 4 years for a veteran to receive a rating decision. it's a mad house out there!"

That is downright horrible!

Think Outside the Box!