Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success, But Incomplete

Rate this topic

Jayco

Received a 40% rating, back pay, and monthly payments are coming in. Took exactly a year from when claim was filed. I feel lucky compared to some.

VA did not give me credit for my spouse because I did not send proof of marriage. Also they said a questionnaire on diabetic neuropathy was not done. Sent the proof of marriage information. Had a doctor do the neuropathy exam and he faxed the results to VA. These two items should have been received by VA within less than 3 weeks of receiving my ratings letter.

My question is are we talking another year or more before any payment adjustments and final ratings decisions are made for these two items?

Thanks.

Congrats.

Let me put it this way - taking a year for dependent allowance, IMO, would NOT be abnormal.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received a 40% rating, back pay, and monthly payments are coming in. Took exactly a year from when claim was filed. I feel lucky compared to some.

VA did not give me credit for my spouse because I did not send proof of marriage. Also they said a questionnaire on diabetic neuropathy was not done. Sent the proof of marriage information. Had a doctor do the neuropathy exam and he faxed the results to VA. These two items should have been received by VA within less than 3 weeks of receiving my ratings letter.

My question is are we talking another year or more before any payment adjustments and final ratings decisions are made for these two items?

Thanks.

Funny they told me no back pay for 40%, congrats I hope it doesn't take a year just to add your wife. I gave them all my dependant info and they said they never received it so now I have claim in for it as well.

Funny they told me no back pay for 40%, congrats I hope it doesn't take a year just to add your wife. I gave them all my dependant info and they said they never received it so now I have claim in for it as well.

Compensation for dependent allowance at 30 percent SC - came in around 1977 / 1978.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use