VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc Letter Scheduling Exam In Connection With Claim

Rate this question

mike76

Question

Received a letter from AMC today saying they asked Philly VAMC to set up exam, I take it this is the C&P exam. But they're also asking me again for non-VA treatment records. I've sent them everything I can get already since 2005...I have to do it again?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It will be a C&P exam, as they need a current one(usually less than one yr old), to rate you. You needn't send anymore evidence if you don't have any. They are giving you a chance to add more "current" evidence that may have been produced while the lengthy claim process has been going on. Good luck!

pr

I agree with Philip, you do not need to send in any evidence you have already sent. If you have more recent treatment other than at a VA facility, then I would make sure that is sent. Otherwise, hang in there, make your scheduled examination at the appointed time and place, The last thing you would want now, would be a denial based on "failure to report" for an exam. Good Luck, it seems you are ready and have done all you can. - Harleyman

• HadIt.com Elder

This is just a game the AMC plays to show movement on a claim as it has to be remanded to the AMC. To avoid getting their hands slapped foir delaying your claim they send you to a NP C and P exam to get the opinion they already have.

Then they make a decision and send it back to the BVA whewre the Judge will most likely remand it back. To the AMC.

Do you have an IMO? If it is a Muscoluskeletal issue, I would be calling Bash Asap.

This may sound a little harsh but we have several and I mean several long time Hadit Vets who get the AMC C and P exam and BVA claim toss. It keeps their arms loose for the big game which will never be played.