Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens When I Die?

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

I am attempting to calculate what my wife will be left with when i die. I just won most of my contentions and now have 80% rating. I am presently disability retired with less than 20 years. I will be able to draw CRSC on 70% combat related out of my 80% More if I win a couple of undecided contentions.

So: I am in the process of switching from drawing my VA compensation instead of Navy retirement which was based on 40% disability. That was giving me $1080/mo....Now recalculating based on time in service which they will do for CRSC....that will be about 900.00 the way I calculate it. Since my SBP is based on 55% of my retirement, if I die of non service connected something...NO DIC...No more VA compensation.

My wife would still have SBP....But, here is the question.....could it revert back to being based on the 40% disability,(the $1080.00) instead of years of service ($900.00). I know it isn't a lot of difference, but every bit will help in this instance....

Anyone have any idea???

Also, I am only guessing on most numbers.....I applied for the CRSC,,and I know it will take a couple months to know what the real numbers are....but as usual, I try to get ahead of official info.

My case closed july 31....I still have no info available to me via ebenefits except that they have the 80% updated and correct....no other info is available, no AB8 letter or anything else, So I sit in the dark right now....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is starting to look like something I should stop concerning myself with. As with everything else that involves the gov't it is SNAFU. Guess I will let my son find a good VSO or something to help my wife get whatever she can after I start pusing up the weeds.